Diagnostic Imaging in Chiropractic Practice (Motley, 24hr package 2021)
Dr. Motley, Life West Professor and Director of the Master’s of Science in Diagnostic Imaging program, presents current imaging standards and practice and reviews typical and unusual cases.
Please note that Diagnostic Imaging in Chiropractic Practice (Motley, 24hr package 2021) is available through December 31, 2021. Be certain that you have completed all parts of the course package and downloaded or printed each certificate before December 31, 2021. Certificates will be available to you indefinitely and free of charge through ce.lifewest.edu as long as you have accessed them by the end of this year.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- determine when it is appropriate to image;
- decide what type of imaging is most suitable;
- evaluate images effectively; and
- discern artifacts from legitimate elements of images.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have specific questions for your instructor, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please expect a response within 4 days.
Hour 1: Imaging Modalities & Case Studies
- General considerations of imaging
- Deciding when to and when not to take images
- Comparisons of radiography, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, DEXA, Bone Scan
- Case 1: Blunt trauma to the head: CT & MRI
- Case 2: Rear-end auto accident with unstable ADI: MRI, evaluation of integrity of transverse ligament & cord
Hour 2: Case Studies
- Case 3: Visible postural deformity in cervical spine; scoliosis evaluation, asymptomatic: congenital/structural scoliosis
- Case 4: Anterior neck fullness. Cervical spine pain and dysfunction. No recent trauma: Tracheal deviation
- Case 5: Anterior neck fullness. Cervical spine pain and dysfunction. No recent trauma: Old Iliac wing fracture
- Case 6: Non-traumatic low back pain: uterine leiomyomas / CA++ breast implants
- Identification of artifacts in imaging
JAMIE P. MOTLEY, MA, DC, DACBR
Dr. Jamie P Motley completed her Doctorate of Chiropractic studies in 2009 at Life Chiropractic College West. As a chiropractic student, Motley developed a keen interest in radiology. Shortly following graduation she entered a Diplomat of the American Chiropractic College of Radiology post-doctorate program at New York Chiropractic College in upstate NY. Upon successfully completing the DACBR program, Dr. Motley started a private reading practice interpreting Radiographic, MRI and CT musculoskeletal studies. In 2013, Dr Motley accepted a teaching position here at Life West where she teaches and reads imaging studies and inspires students. In 2019 Dr. Motely took on a new position as the founding director of Life West's Master's of Science in Diagnostic Imaging program.
Learn more about Dr. Motley at https://lifewest.edu/meet-jamie-motley-director-of-new-diagnostic-imaging-program/.
Credits are awarded individually for each course.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*Kansas, South Dakota,Tennessee, and Vermont do not accept philosophy courses for CE credit, therefore this package is not approved in those states.
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NB Chiropractic AssocNew Brunswick Chiropractors' Association
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ON Chiropractic CollegeOntario College of Chiropractors
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 X-Ray HoursX-Ray CE Hours
Note: This course is a part of the 24 hour CE Package. If you wish to take this course independently of the package, please find this course listed separately on https://ce.lifewest.edu under Online On-Demand Seminars.
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
Help is available during business hours at email@example.com or 510.780.4508.