CCSP IV:Correlative Case Studies in Sports Chiropractic (June 6-7, 2020)
This course will provide Doctors of Chiropractic with current information and practical skills relating to evaluation and management of sports related injury in athletic populations. The course emphasizes the prevention of injury and illness through the pre-participation evaluation and further utilizes case studies and hands-on-learning of the techniques used with commonly encountered conditions in the athletic population. In addition to the pre-participation examination specific topics include special populations in sport, concussion, shoulder instability, knee trauma, ankle sprain, compartment syndromes, hip injuries, elbow tendinopathies, wrist and hand injuries.
12.5 CE hours including 4 Category A Exam & 8.5 Category B
- Discussions of the classifications, benefits and risks of athletic participation.
- The pre-participation examination: a review of consensus statements and the development of best practices.
- The pre-participation examination: work flow, obtaining and interpreting the heath history, including the identification of cardiac keys.
- The pre-participation examination: cardiac evaluation, including cornerstones to the physical examination, the American Heart Association twelve-point examination and the recognition of Marfan Syndrome.
- The pre-participation examination: making clearance decisions for the pre-participation examination.
- Case studies regarding sub-populations in sport including, the female, adolescent, pediatric and differently abled athlete.
- Evaluation and management of illness in sport, including heat related illness and altitude disorders.
- Case based approach for athletes regarding the evaluation and management of the upper quadrant including chiropractic adjustive procedures related to the shoulder girdle.
- Case based approach for athletes regarding the evaluation and management of the lower quadrant including chiropractic adjustive procedures related to the shoulder girdle. Case based approach regarding the evaluation and management of the spine including chiropractic adjustive procedures related to the shoulder girdle.
- Case based approach for athletes regarding the evaluation and management of the spine including chiropractic adjustive procedures related to the shoulder girdle.
- Case study regarding spinal and extremity best practices for rehabilitation for athletes
- Case study regarding the chiropractic management of spinal instability and cord neuropraxia for athletes.
- Hour 12 continued
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
DUSTIN NABHAN, DC, DACBSP
Dustin Nabhan DC DACBSP CSCS is a Chiropractor, board certified sports medicine specialist, and certified strength and conditioning specialist. Dr. Nabhan graduated Cum Laude with a BS in Physiology from the University of Arizona, was class valedictorian at Southern California University of Health Sciences where he earned his Doctorate in Chiropractic, was Residency trained in Sports Medicine at Southern California University of Health Sciences, and later completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship with the United States Olympic Committee.
Dr. Nabhan has lectured on the graduate level to Chiropractic, Massage, Acupuncture students and on the post-graduate level to Doctors of Chiropractic seeking certification in Sports Medicine. Additionally, he has worked in the private sector in the fitness and strength and conditioning industry as both a coach and rehabilitation specialist.
Dr. Nabhan currently is employed by the United States Olympic Committee as a Health Care Provider at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. He also serves as a Rehabilitation Consultant to ChikaraSPORT, a sports performance facility in Southern California.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.50 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 8.50 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 12.50 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.50 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.50 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.50 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 10.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 10.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.50 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.50 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 10.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.50 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.50 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.50 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 10.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.50 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.50 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.50 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.50 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.50 BC Chiropractic CollegeBritish Columbia College of Chiropractors
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
See ce.lifewest.edu/about for details.