Anatomy of Breastfeeding (Gerner, May 22, 2021 on-campus)
NOW AVAILABLE VIA LIVE WEBINAR OR LIVE ON CAMPUS!
Breastfeeding is best for your baby. We all know it.
Learn to identify cranial, spinal, muscular and dural imbalances relating to breastfeeding as well as how to specifically address them. Gain current research to validate your work. Become familiar with the scope of other birth professionals in order to collaborate, gain referrals and provide the overall best care for your clients.
This all-day session is designed to teach you to UNDERSTAND the infant anatomy/physiology and how the pieces affect the whole. You will learn to identify structural issues in the baby, specific anatomy to explain those issues; and how to either correct these issues or to refer to the appropriate care provider. You will also learn about the breastfeeding world as a whole; allowing you to speak the same language as your patients and other providers, thereby establishing yourself as an integral part of the team.
Our goal in sharing this seminar with you is to build a bridge between the birth/lactation professional and the therapist; thereby creating skilled caregivers and allowing confident referrals for that care.
Saturday, May 22, 8:00am - 5:30pm, pacific time
"I am feeling so incredibly inspired! Mind completely blown!" - recent attendee
Register at Anatomy of Breastfeeding.
After completing this course, the student will walk away with a knowledge of:
- The biology of human lactation.
- The nutritional, emotional, and world-wide importance of breastfeeding.
- The IBCLC (lactation consultant) assessment process and role in lactation.
- The anatomy and physiology of the cranium, spine, muscular, nerve and dural systems in relation to breastfeeding function.
- The clinical applications of normal and pathological function for all structures.
- The developmental and neurological implications of abnormal function.
- Collaboration with other birth professionals in order to give/receive referrals for lactation support.
Enter the building on the Clawiter road side, through the rear/student entrance. Signs will direct you to the classroom.
LYNN GERNER, DC, FICPA
Graduate: Life Chiropractic College West, 2004. Fellow, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and trained doula. Post Graduate faculty, Life Chiropractic College, West. Preferred Affiliate- Capital City Doula Collective, Sacramento, CA. Founding partner of The Good Life Collective, Davis, CA.
Dr. Gerner has been a Maternity and Pediatric Specialist in private practice for over 16 years with an additional focus on functional infant cranial work. She teaches other professionals to support breastfeeding across the USA and internationally. She is a wife, mother of 3 grown children, and lives in Northern CA with her husband and their 2 rescued dogs.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): BC, CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 8.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 8.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 8.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 8.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 8.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 8.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 8.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 8.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 8.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 8.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 8.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 8.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 8.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 8.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 8.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 8.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 8.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 TN Chiropractic AssocTennessee Chiropractic Association
- 8.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 8.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 8.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 8.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 8.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
CHANGES AND REFUNDS
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.