ABCA National Convention: Spondylolysis in the Athlete (On-Demand)
This seminar is part of the ABCA National Convention. To access, you must be registered for the full Convention via the ABCA website. Once you are registered you may choose this and whichever lecture hours you prefer.
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account, and registered for the ABCA National Convention in order to access this seminar.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen, or follow the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
- Terminology of Spondylolysis/Spondylolisthesis
- Etiology of Spondylolisthesis
- Clinical Presentation of Active versus Inactive Spondylolisthesis
- Signs and Symptoms
- The Stork (Micheli’s) Test
- Imaging Findings
- Plain Films
- Computed Tomography
- Planar Bone Scan
- SPECT Bone Scan
- MRI Scan
- Treatment and Prognosis
- Detailed Discussion Concerning Patient Management of the Active/Athletic Patient
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy for Active versus Inactive
- Use of the Boston overlap Brace for Active Spondylolisthesis
- Case Management
Terry Yochum, DC, DACBR, Fellow, ACCR
Dr. Terry R. Yochum is a second generation chiropractor and a cum laude graduate of the National College of Chiropractic, where he subsequently completed his radiology specialty. He is a Diplomat of the American Chiropractic Board of Radiology and served as its Vice-President and President for seven years (1983-1990).
Dr. Yochum is currently Director of the Rocky Mountain Chiropractic Radiological Center in Denver, Colorado, and an Adjunct Professor of Radiology at the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.
On September 27,1996 Dr. Yochum was bestowed the honor of “Fellow” by the American Chiropractic College of Radiology (ACCR). Dr. Yochum is the youngest recipient ever to receive this award, which has only been given to seven DACBRs since the inception of the ACCR in 1958. The title of Fellow is the highest honor awarded to any member of the ACCR for distinguished service and contributions in the advancement of chiropractic radiology.
Dr. Yochum was also honored with an appointment to the Department of Radiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine as a skeletal radiologist, where he has been on staff since January of 1991. In June of 1991, 1993, 1996, and 1997 (1st time back to back) he was unanimously voted “Best Faculty Radiology Instructor of the Year” by the 40 radiology residents at this university. He is the only person ever to have won this award three times.
Dr. Yochum has presented over 850 lectures worldwide. He has had over 150 scientific articles published in both the chiropractic and medical literature. The first edition of Dr. Yochum’s text, “ESSENTIALS OF SKELETAL RADIOLOGY”, is a benchmark publication for the profession. This textbook sold over 45,000 copies between January of 1987 and January of 1996. It is the required text in radiology at all 20 chiropractic colleges worldwide and is being used in over 100 medical schools around the world. The second edition of Dr. Yochum’s textbook was released in January of 1996 at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and has sold over 15,00 copies to date. The second edition has received marvelous New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Yochum’s latest textbook, “RADIOLOGY STUDY GUIDE”, has recently been published (April, 1998) and has been met with resounding success.
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
NOTE that while you are invited to partake in all of the conference sessions, and while you should print a certificate of completion for each, your state may have limitations on the total number of hours accepted for the conference as a whole. Check the list below to see how many hours your state allows for the sum of all conference sessions. You will not receive a single certificate for the entire conference; rather you may print or download a separate certificate after each conference session.
COVID-19: Check with your state Board(s) for the latest information regarding online CE acceptable for license renewal. Because Boards are updating their regulations daily, the information presented on this page may not be the most accurate.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, IN, MD, MA, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 3.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 3.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 3.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 FL Chiropractic BoardFlorida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- 3.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 3.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 3.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 3.00 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 3.00 MB Chiropractic AssocManitoba Chiropractors' Association
- 3.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 3.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 3.00 NB Chiropractic AssocNew Brunswick Chiropractors' Association
- 3.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 NS Chiropractic CollegeNova Scotia College of Chiropractors
- 3.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 3.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 3.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 3.00 ON Chiropractic CollegeOntario College of Chiropractors
- 3.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 3.00 PA Chiropractic BoardPennsylvania Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 QC Chiropractic OrdreQuebec Ordre Des Chiropracticiens
- 3.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 3.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 3.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 3.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 3.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 3.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 3.00 X-Ray HoursX-Ray CE Hours
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.