ABCA National Convention: Pediatrics for the Doctor of Chiropractic (On-Demand)
This seminar is part of the ABCA National Convention. To access, you must be registered for the full Convention via the ABCA website. Once you are registered you may choose this and whichever lecture hours you prefer.
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account, and registered for the ABCA National Convention in order to access this seminar.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen, or follow the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
- Unique components of the physical examination of the young pediatric patient
- Taking vitals on young children
- Evaluating cranial vault shape, including asymmetries and craniosynostosis • Cardiovascular, pulmonary, and abdominal systems screening • Orthopedic examination of young children
- Comprehensive neurologic examination of the neonate, including cranial nerves, deep tendon reflexes, tone, and primitive reflexes
- Modifications made in evaluating deep tendon reflexes in newborns compared to adults
- 10-step newborn tone evaluation
- Explanation and evaluation of primitive reflexes, including normal time table of disappearance
Elise Hewitt, DC, DICCP, FICC
Dr. Elise Hewitt, a board certified pediatric chiropractor and one of the foremost authorities in the specialty of chiropractic pediatrics, has spent her entire career advocating for the chiropractic care of children. Dr. Hewitt served as President of the ACA Pediatrics Council for 10 years. In addition to treating children in her pediatrics-only practice, Dr. Hewitt is a member of the prestigious NCMIC Speakers Bureau for which she teaches all aspects of pediatric practice. She is an adjunct faculty member at UWS, and has taught at the post-graduate level for numerous chiropractic institutions and state/national associations throughout the U.S. and internationally. Dr. Hewitt serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Chiropractic Medicine (JCM) and is a peer reviewer for several science journals. Her own recent peer-reviewed publications include consensus studies on pediatric best practices (JMPT 2016) and core competencies of the pediatric specialist (JEBCAM 2016), as well as an evaluation of forces used in pediatric spinal manipulation (JMPT 2017).
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
NOTE that while you are invited to partake in all of the conference sessions, and while you should print a certificate of completion for each, your state may have limitations on the total number of hours accepted for the conference as a whole. Check the list below to see how many hours your state allows for the sum of all conference sessions. You will not receive a single certificate for the entire conference; rather you may print or download a separate certificate after each conference session.
COVID-19: Check with your state Board(s) for the latest information regarding online CE acceptable for license renewal. Because Boards are updating their regulations daily, the information presented on this page may not be the most accurate.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, IN, MD, MA, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 FL Chiropractic BoardFlorida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- 2.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 2.00 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 LA Chiropractic BoardLouisiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MB Chiropractic AssocManitoba Chiropractors' Association
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NB Chiropractic AssocNew Brunswick Chiropractors' Association
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NS Chiropractic CollegeNova Scotia College of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 2.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 2.00 ON Chiropractic CollegeOntario College of Chiropractors
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 PA Chiropractic BoardPennsylvania Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 QC Chiropractic OrdreQuebec Ordre Des Chiropracticiens
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at email@example.com. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.