Thompson Technique Cervical Region (Zogg, online 2021)
This course will review the Thompson Technique analysis and adjusting procedures for the Cervical Region. The course is presented by the granddaughter of Dr. Clay Thompson and includes treasured photos and video clips of Dr. Thompson himself. The Thompson Technique is easily understood and provides a method of adjusting that offers greater patient comfort as well as less stress on the doctor delivering the adjustment.
"The Thompson Technique is a full-spine adjusting technique that emphasizes high-velocity, low amplitude, and some low-force procedures, using a drop table as an indispensable adjunct. At the heart of the analytic component of the Thompson Technique is the Derifield leg check, adapted from the original work of Dr. Romer Derifield. The Derifield-Thompson leg-check analysis enables the differential diagnostic distinction between primarily cervical and pelvic involvement, as well as distinguishing among the various subentities within these primary diagnostic categories."
"The Thompson Terminal Point drop table aims not only to protect the patient from being overadjusted, but to promote the clinical longevity of the doctor. The adjustments themselves are considered by Thompson practitioners to be 'low force, high velocity,' in that a light thrust triggers the drop section release mechanism. Lumbodorsal and extremity problems are afforded less attention, but also need to be addressed after the primary cervical and lumbar areas have been addressed."
Source: Cooperstein R, Gleberzon BJ. Technique systems in chiropractic. St. Louis: Churchill Livingstone; 2004, p243-4.
This course is available through December 31, 2021. Download or print your certificate before that date.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to locate and correct Vertebral Subluxation in the cervical region utilizing the Thompson Technique. This course will review the leg check analysis and adjusting procedures for Cervical Syndrome, Bilateral Cervical Syndrome and Over-Compensated Cervical Syndrome.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar may include video, readings, and one or more hour quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
Beth Zogg, DC
Born and raised in Iowa, Beth Zogg graduated from the University of Iowa in 1991 with a degree in Dance. She earned her Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University in 1995 and has practiced in Georgia and Iowa. She complete coursework in rehabilitation through Polestar Pilates and is a certified Yoga instructor. Dr. Zogg taught Upper Cervical Analysis and Thermography at Life University as well Nutrition and Anatomy & Physiology at Muscatine Community College. She teaches continuing education courses in the Thompson Technique and Chiropractic Thermography and is in full-time practice in Muscatine, IA. Dr. Zogg is the President of the J Clay Thompson Technique foundation which is a non-profit that promotes the work of her grandfather, the late J Clay Thompson DC, PhC.
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners