NUCCA Spring Conference 2022
About NUCCA Spring Conference 2022 Online
Welcome to NUCCA Spring Conference 2022 online! In order to access the conference sessions you must be registered through https://nucca.org. Once your registration is fully processed, you will receive email with access instructions. Click on the Go To Course button once you are logged in and ready to go.
You may attend as many recorded sessions as you wish, on your own schedule, through June 30, 2022.
Click on "Go To Course"
Select the course you wish to attend. Once in the specified course, press "Register" and follow the instructions at the start of the page.
A brief quiz and affidavit follows each session, as required by state CE regulations.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen under course summary or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s). Please note some states or countries may not accept the full 13 hours.
- This course is only available through June 30. All courses must be completed, and your certificate must be downloaded on or before that date.
- Click on the REGISTER/TAKE COURSE tab to begin. If you are not logged in, you will have the choice to either LOG IN or CREATE AN ACCOUNT to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and quizzes. You may return to it at any point.
- Once in each individual seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at email@example.com.
Vince L. Fitzpatrick, DC
1970 Graduate of Kettle Falls High School
Attended Spokane Falls Community College 1970-1971
1975 Graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic
Interned with James Fitzpatrick D.C. Issaquah WA 1975 to April 1976
Opened Greenacres Chiropractic June 1976 and is the Owner of Greenacres Chiropractic, Greenacres, WA
Practiced Chiropractic continuously from June 1976 to currently still practicing and plan on practicing Chiropractic for a minimum of 10 years more.
Board Certified member of NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association)
Credentialed Instructor for the NUCCA organization.
Tymothy Flory, DC
Dr. Tymothy L. Flory, D.C., the founder and director of Atlas Spinal Care, and the current Vice President of NUCCA. Dr. Tymothy L. Flory graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis, Missouri. Before opening Atlas Spinal Care, Dr. Flory practiced Upper Cervical Chiropractic in Seattle, Washington. Dr. Flory completed Board Certification of the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association in 2012 and is currently a Credentialed Instructor for the organization. He has served on the NUCCA Board of Directors and currently is on the Education Board and the Standards and Certification Board, striving to enable doctors to deliver the highest quality of NUCCA care to their patients internationally.
Craig Lapenski, DC
Dr. Craig Lapenski is one of only 24 board-certified NUCCA practitioners worldwide. He is a strong proponent of active health and the empowerment of the patient in the healing process. Dr. Lapenski has been drawn into the study of the upper cervical spine because of the impact it has had on his own health, and the profound impact he has observed it having on the thousands of people he has cared for. He believes that adopting a proactive health care model for yourself is one of the best decisions you can make in your life, and that the most foundational component to being healthy is good brain/body communication.
The study of the upper cervical spine continues to fascinate him with its level of complexity, as well as its impact on global health and well-being. His approach – and Advanced Spinal Care’s methodology as a whole – is an unparalleled commitment to the study and correction of each person’s upper cervical misalignment. Akin to a locksmith endeavoring to figure out the exact specifics for each lock, Dr. Lapenski meticulously examines each patient who comes through his door, seeking to detect and correct each person’s greatest detractor of health in a way very few can.
Dr. Lapenski is happily married with 4 children. He enjoys hiking, fishing, and the outdoors, and is a committed Christian.
Dr. Lapenski’s credentials:
NUCCA Board Certified Part III (only 24 worldwide)
President of Upper Cervical Research Foundation
NUCCA Board of directors
Co-Chairman Certification and Standards of NUCCA
Credentialed Instructor NUCCA
Finance Chairman NUCCA
Pre-chiropractic, Central Washington University
Honors graduate/President’s list, Palmer College of Chiropractic
Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Member of Delta Sigma Chi, the world’s oldest professional chiropractic fraternity
Extension Faculty Member – Palmer College of Chiropractic Founder of ASC Associate Doctor Training Program
Private Practice Washington State
David Packer, DC
Dr. David Packer practices in Chesapeake VA since 2002. Board certified in NUCCA, co-chair Education Committee on NUCCA board of directors. Teaches NUCCA elective at Life University. Fellowship in Spine Trauma and Spinal Biomechanics recognized through SUNY-Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine. Serves on foundation board of Chesapeake Regional Hospital.
Barbara Read, DC
Dr. Barbara Read is a wife, mother and Board Certified in the N.U.C.C.A. technique (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). She graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1997 then worked in Chicago as an associate of Dr. Marshall Dickholtz, Sr., one of the founding members of the N.U.C.C.A. organization. She is a credentialed instructor for the N.U.C.C.A. technique and enjoys teaching at Palmer College, biannual conferences and regional workshops. Her roles within the N.U.C.C.A. organization include active participation in the Standards Committee and the Educational Committee. She is a peer reviewer for doctors who are in the certification process and is recognized in two chiropractic colleges as a preceptor for interning students. Her husband, Tim and she are the proud parents of 4 children. They live in Ames Iowa where she is owner of Read Health Center, Inc.
Jeffrey Scholten, DC
Dr. Jeffrey Scholten earned a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology in 1996 from the University of Calgary, and then continued his studies graduating Magna Cum Laude from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 2001. Jeff completed his post-graduate advanced training in chiropractic craniocervical junction procedures in 2015 and in 2016 completed his fellowship in chiropractic craniocervical junction procedures. In 2011, Dr. Scholten graduated in 2018 from a post-baccalaureate graduate level certificate program in Pain Management in the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Alberta.
A published clinical researcher, clinic director and clinician at the Vital PostureTM Clinic in Calgary, Dr Scholten serves as the President of NUCCA, is credentialing committee chair of the ICA’s Upper Cervical Council, is a Board Member of the Upper Cervical Research Foundation and joined the faculty at Life Chiropractic College West in 2019 to teach diagnosis and management of spinal disorders. Dr. Scholten presents internationally on Anatomy, Diagnosis, Research, Patient Management, Pain Management, & Practice Principles. His lectures are admired for the clarity, energy and engagement provided.
Chiropractor of the Year 2015 - International Chiropractors Association’s Council on Upper Cervical Care
Grant – Practice Based Research 2012 – Canadian CAM Research Fund (CCRF)
Certificate of Merit 2012 – Practice Based Research – NUCCA
Certificate of Merit 2001 – Anatomy Teaching Assistant – Palmer College of Chiropractic
Pi Tau Delta 2001 - in recognition of superior academic achievement – Palmer College of Chiropractic
Certificate of Recognition for Extraordinary Personal Action 2000 – American Red Cross
Vogt Society 1999 as recognition for exemplary personal leadership – Palmer College of Chiropractic
Jimmy Condon Athletic Scholarship 1995 – athletic and academic excellence – University of Calgary
Michael Zabelin, DC
Dr. Michael S. Zabelin, D.C. graduated Valedictorian from Life Chiropractic College West in 1984. He started practicing utilizing the NUCCA procedure in San Francisco, managing a clinic with three Doctors. Joined the part-time faculty at his Alma Mater in 1986 first assisting, then leading the NUCCA module. This position is still his to this day. Dr. Zabelin was adjunct faculty at the UOP School of Dentistry, where he taught a collaborative approach to TMJ and sleep apnea.
He was Board Certified in 2006, serves on the NUCCA Board of Directors, is a Credentialed Instructor, and is a member of both the Standards/Certification and Education committees. Extracurricular activities include mentoring Doctors and Students in Certification and Proficiency, and consulting on Xray alignment, equipment selection, suite layout and digital conversion. He also developed a cloud-based digital toolset for the NUCCA Technique. Dr. Zabelin has been published, and was a researcher in a project that was presented internationally.
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
NOTE that while you are invited to partake in all of the conference sessions, your state may have limitations on the total number of hours accepted for the conference as a whole. Check the list below to see how many hours your state allows for the sum of all conference sessions.
COVID-19: Check with your state Board(s) for the latest information regarding online CE acceptable for license renewal. Because Boards are updating their regulations daily, the information presented on this page may not be the most accurate.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MI, MA, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 18.00 AB Chiropractic CollegeAlberta College of Chiropractors
- 18.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 11.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 7.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 18.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 18.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 18.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 18.00 FL Chiropractic BoardFlorida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- 18.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 18.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 18.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 18.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 18.00 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 18.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 18.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 18.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 18.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 18.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 18.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 8.00 OK Chiropractic BoardOklahoma Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 18.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 18.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 18.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 18.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 18.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 18.00 WV Chiropractic BoardWest Virginia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.