2022 24 Hour CE Package
Life West is providing a one of a kind 24 hour CE package featuring the best and brightest in chiropractic. Included is everything you need for annual California re-licensure. This package fulfills all or most requirements of many states and Canadian provinces too. We have seminars that are clinically useful, current, and relevant to some of the most important conversations of the profession to date. In this package you will have access to the following:
A. 12 hours of the following on-demand online content:
Ethics and Social Safety in Healthcare
Lynn Gerner, DC, FICPA
2 ethics CE hours
This program addresses ethical principles of healthcare as viewed through the lens of race and breastfeeding. There is documented disparity between health outcomes in the Black vs. non-black community. This is particularly visible in the areas of birth and breastfeeding. Dr. Gerner provides information about the origins of racism in the US and causative issues of inherent bias and privilege and how our healthcare system and individual chiropractic patients are influenced by these. Research studies and live interviews are presented to show how these factors lead to high rates of infant mortality, poor maternal health and generational disparity in the Black communities of all socioeconomic levels. Inclusive policies/procedures in the chiropractic office are addressed to improve care for all races and gender identities. Policies and procedures are explained using the AMA’s Nine Principles of Medical Ethics.
Patient Centered Chiropractic: Delivering Quality Care from Start to Finish
Derrell Blackburn, DC, MBA
4 exam/technique CE hours
How do you see your patients?
Patient Centered Chiropractic is designed to explain the significant aspects of delivering quality care, facilitating the healing journey of the patient from start to finish. Each team member in a chiropractic office participates in quality care and delivering the results the patient needs to get from where they are, to where they want to be. This seminar helps you approach care from a biopsychosocial model, considering the full health of the patient.
Chiropractic and the Polyvagal Theory Made Easy & Applicable
Monika Buerger, DC
4 general CE hours
The body's wandering nerve - the Vagus Nerve - has made a huge splash in the world of health and well-being in the past two decades. Join Dr. Buerger as she breaks down the Polyvagal Theory into easy to understand, bite-size pieces to help chiropractors and their staff better understand and communicate the importance of the vagus nerve. Then learn how to apply these principles to everyday practice!
Thompson Technique Cervical Region
Beth Zogg, DC
2 exam/technique CE hours
This course will review the Thompson Technique analysis and adjusting procedures for the Cervical Region. The course is presented by the granddaughter of Dr. Clay Thompson and includes treasured photos and video clips of Dr. Thompson himself. The Thompson Technique is easily understood and provides a method of adjusting that offers greater patient comfort as well as less stress on the doctor delivering the adjustment.
B. 12 hours live classroom and/or webinar content of your choice
Courses sponsored solely by Life West up to a value of $299 are included in this package.
This is a 2022 Package
Complete all coursework by December 31, 2022. The 2023 package will be released by January 1, 2023.
How to Get Started
To register for this package, select the REGISTER tab above. You may begin online on-demand learning immediately after registering.
To select your live hours, review the possibilities at ce.lifewest.edu, then contact the Continuing Education office at email@example.com to indicate your choices.
Online On-Demand CE at Life West is simple and engaging - Begin today!
- Check on the right of this screen under course summary or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s). Please note some states or countries may not accept the full 12 hours provided in this package.
- This course is only available through December 31, 2022. All courses must be completed, and all certificates must be downloaded on or before that date.
- Click on the REGISTER/TAKE COURSE tab to begin. If you are not logged in, you will have the choice to either LOG IN or CREATE AN ACCOUNT to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and quizzes. You may return to it at any point.
- Once in each individual seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- You may retrieve a certificate of completion after each seminar. At any time, download/print your certificate by returning to ce.lifewest.edu and selecting My Transcript from the My Account menu.
Taking Courses Individually
If you prefer to take one or more of the package courses on their own, rather than purchasing the full package, you may find them here:
- Ethics and Social Safety in Healthcare (Lynn Gerner, DC, FICPA)
- Patient Centered Chiropractic: Delivering Quality Care from Start to Finish (Derrell Blackburn, DC, MBA)
- Chiropractic and the Polyvagal Theory Made Easy & Applicable (Monika Buerger, DC)
- Thompson Technique Cervical Region (Beth Zogg, DC)
Any questions? Call us at (510) 780-4508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LYNN GERNER, DC, FICPA
Graduate: Life Chiropractic College West, 2004. Fellow, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and trained doula. Post Graduate faculty, Life Chiropractic College, West. Preferred Affiliate- Capital City Doula Collective, Sacramento, CA. Founding partner of The Good Life Collective, Davis, CA.
DERRELL BLACKBURN, DC, MBA
Dr. Derrell is a chiropractor, educator, serial entrepreneur and thought leader on a mission to create positive change in healthcare. In addition to opening multiple juice and smoothie bars and running a high volume, membership-based practice in the S.F. Bay Area, Dr. Blackburn was also a professor at Life Chiropractic College West teaching Embryology, Social Entrepreneurship and Philosophy prior to joining The Joint Chiropractic as VP of Learning and Development. Along with his experience in chiropractic and entrepreneurship, Dr. Blackburn also served on multiple boards including the St. Rose Hospital Foundation Board in Hayward, CA. In addition to his involvement outside of the profession, he is also active in the profession on the Alumni Board of Directors at Parker University, he is the Research Chair and Western Representative for the American Black Chiropractic Association, as well as the Arizona Representative Assembly member for the International Chiropractors Association, to name a few. Dr. Derrell holds an MBA in Health Administration as well as his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Parker University in Dallas, TX.
MONIKA BUERGER, DC
Dr. Monika Buerger, DC graduated from Life Chiropractic College West in 1991. She also has an undergraduate degree in Exercise Physiology from California State University, Fresno. She has enjoyed extensive post-graduate training in the areas of neurodevelopment, functional neurology, neuro-nutrition and functional wellness. She has a private family practice in Ammon, Idaho that is dedicated to serving those with neurodevelopmental challenges, neurodegenerative disorders and chronic health issues. She is the pioneer in the chiropractic profession when it comes to working with children that have neurosensory and neurodevelopmental disorders.
BETH ZOGG, DC
Born and raised in Iowa, Beth Zogg graduated from the University of Iowa in 1991 with a degree in Dance. She earned her Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life University in 1995 and has practiced in Georgia and Iowa. She complete coursework in rehabilitation through Polestar Pilates and is a certified Yoga instructor. Dr. Zogg taught Upper Cervical Analysis and Thermography at Life University as well Nutrition and Anatomy & Physiology at Muscatine Community College. She teaches continuing education courses in the Thompson Technique and Chiropractic Thermography and is in full-time practice in Muscatine, IA. Dr. Zogg is the President of the J Clay Thompson Technique foundation which is a non-profit that promotes the work of her grandfather, the late J Clay Thompson DC, PhC.
Credits are awarded individually for each course.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 24.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 18.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 24.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 24.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 24.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 24.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 24.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 24.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 24.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 24.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 24.00 TN Chiropractic AssocTennessee Chiropractic Association
- 24.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 24.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 24.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 24.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 24.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners