*The Science of Yes: Patient Centered Care and the Neuroscience of Communications (Rosen, online 2021)
In this program we dive deep into understanding how to get our patients to understand what it is we can do for them by using the neuroscience of communications.
We dive deep into how differently the reptilian brain, neocortex, limbic system and amygdale function when it comes to getting our message across to our patients and better understanding them and their needs.
The truth is, for many of us, our patients truly do not understand the value of our care and we do not understand what they truly want and why.
Once we learn the neuroscience of communications, we apply those principles to our:
- Doctor’s Consultation
- Report of findings
By learning this we can learn how to find out what our patients want, in relation to what we truly do for them so:
- We can offer real patient-centered care
- We give them the individualization of their care and care plans they deserve
- We can inspire the patient involvement that is needed for
- Our patients to get the health outcomes possible
This course is available through December 31, 2021. Download or print your certificate before that date.
This seminar is part of THE WAVE 2020 (2021 EDITION). To access, you must be registered for the full Conference. Once you are registered you may choose this and whichever lecture hours you prefer.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if this session is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access this seminar. Click on the Go To Course Tab and begin.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen, or follow the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- In order to earn credit, you must complete all of the course steps, including printing or downloading your certificate. Your certificate will not be sent to you.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
Improve communication between doctor and patient
Improve patient health outcomes through better compliance
The function of different parts of the brain in relationship to the “Neuroscience of communications”
- Neocortex, Reptilian brain, Amygdala , Limbic system
Patient‐centered interactions promote adherence and lead to improved health outcomes. The fundamental characteristics of PCC were identified as (a) patient involvement in care and (b) the individualization of patient care.
Utilizing the neuroscience of communications with obtaining and understanding what the patient wants and communicating what the doctor and patient are expected to do to obtain the desired goals. We then apply the neuroscience of communications to:
- Doctor’s consultation, Doctor’s examination, Doctor’s report of findings
RUSS ROSEN, DC
A dynamic and passionate chiropractor, author, international coach, educator and speaker, Russ ran one of the most successful wellness practices in Maui Hawaii for 14 years. Dr. Rosen is best known for his “Patient Care” vs. “Patient Scare” Wellness Communication systems. He served as Lead Author and Director of Dr. Patrick Gentempo’s Creating Wellness Management System. Dr. Rosen is the proud recipient of CLA/CWA’s 2007 “Lifetime Achievement” award. Since 2001 Russ has helped hundreds of doctors thrive in a True Optimal-Health model and is CEO of The Optimal Health Chiropractic System and has been coaching Chiropractors to thrive in a care vs. scare true optimal health model since 2000.
www.TheOptimalHealthChiropracticSystem.com is an Online University format which walks you through the 5 systems you must implement if you want to Thrive in such a model! We also have group coaching and private coaching to meet all of your needs!
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
NOTE: that while you are invited to partake in all of the conference sessions, your state may not have approved each session or may have limitations on the total number of hours accepted for the conference as a whole. Hours that were approved in 2020 many not be approved in 2021. Check each session closely to see how many hours are approved by your state. You will not receive a single certificate for the entire conference; rather you may print or download a separate certificate after each conference session.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 1.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 1.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 1.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 1.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 1.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 1.00 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 1.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 1.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 1.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 1.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 1.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 1.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 1.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 1.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Please support our generous WAVE sponsors & exhibitors!
Please take some time to visit our virtual exhibit hall. Our sponsors and exhibitors make this event possible. Now that the WAVE 20 is digital, it’s more important than ever to show them your appreciation.
Life West Booths