Gonstead: Mastering Lumbar Adjusting (Currie, July 16, 2022, Fremont)
Live in Fremont, CA
5 CE Technique hours
2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2140 Peralta Blvd., Suite 105, Fremont, CA 94536
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Step by Step approach to adjusting the Lumbar Spine using a series of exercises to apply speed, leverage and mechanics for maximum patient results and easy doctor effort. Learn lumbar Push and Pull adjusting and when to use the Push or Pull adjustments.
Chiropractic technique is traditionally taught as a static "set-up" and that the patient should be at "tension" when they are getting adjusted. We change the paradigm to Relaxation, Balance and Timing, so that when a patient gets adjusted it feels more like a warm knife in butter!
A unique series of Exercises replace the "set-up" model and attendees leave with a variety of Drills that can be used to develop their skills.
Why a Five-Hour Course?
5 hour blocks of training and instruction allow a focus and attention on a given topic and create a bridge from learning too much new information all at once (so you don't know where to start) to being able to apply what you've learned immediately into your skills development and practice.
This course is part of the Gonstead Academy series.
Who is Dr. J. David Currie?
A 1981 graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, Dr. Currie has been in active practice in Fremont, California for more than 40 years. He is a Gonstead Diplomate & Fellow and the past President of Gonstead Clinical Studies Society. Dr. Currie is a Professor at Life-West Chiropractic College and has taught the Gonstead work throughout the United States and internationally in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, China, UK, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Japan, Argentina, Australia, and Brazil.
Live classroom presentation with slides, discussion, Q&A, and hands-on
By the end of this program, the doctor will
- Greatly improve their Lumbar Spine adjusting skills: Push & Pull moves
- understand principles of effortless adjusting, that can be universally applied to your current adjusting technique
- practice, via take-home exercises, speed, balance, and leverage in your adjusting
- know when to adjust using the Push or Pull adjustments
- be prepared to handle patients presenting with various Lumbar Spine problems
Introduction: Review Basic Concepts and Fundamentals of Adjusting and how they relate to Side Posture Adjusting. Learn by “exercises” versus “set-ups”.
Principles of effortless adjusting:
- Relaxation, Balance & Timing
- Adjusting Pre-load and Ramping
- Posture, Center line and balance
Patient Placement & Doctor Position (First exercise)
Lumbar Pull Moves: Exercises for Leg Stabilization (kick move), Finger Push and Lumbar Pre-Stress
Lumbar Pull Moves: Continued for Spinous Process and Mamillary Process Contacts
Lumbar Push Moves: Exercises for Patient Placement/Doctor Position, Lumbar Body Drop and Lumbar Pre-Stress
Lumbar Push Moves: Continued for Spinous Process, Mamillary Process Contacts and Special Listings. Discuss when to Push or Pull.
J. DAVID CURRIE, DC
A 1981 graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, Dr. Currie has been in active practice in Fremont, California for more than 40 years and has a satellite office in Pleasant Hill. He is a Gonstead Diplomate & Fellow and Past President of Gonstead Clinical Studies Society. Dr. Currie is a Professor at Life Chiropractic College West and has taught the Gonstead work throughout the United States and internationally in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, China, UK, Spain, Germany, Mexico, and soon will present in Japan, Argentina, Australia, and Brazil.
Founder of the Gonstead Adjusting Academy
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 5.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 5.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 5.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 5.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 5.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 5.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 5.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 5.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 5.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 5.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 5.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 5.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 5.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 5.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 5.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 5.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable.