Preteen and Teen Adjusting for the Practicing Chiropractor (Mulhall-Wright, May 14, 2022 on-campus)
2:00 - 8:00pm
This seminar addresses chiropractic for ages 8 up to 18. Whether you are a recent graduate needing more exposure to pediatric in order to begin, or you are an experienced pediatric chiropractor looking to reinforce skills and learn something new, this seminar is for you. You will have the opportunity to dive deeper on modifying your technique and why it is essential at these ages. Continue your amazing practice by serving the preteen and teen population throughout their critical growth period with confidence, with Dr. Geraldine Mulhall-Wright, DC.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- properly examine the teen and preteen populations;
- know when a preteen/teen is ready to transition from more meningeal nervous system adjustments to a stronger, more manual adjustment;
- how to safely modify several techniques for age appropriate adjustments
Introduction to pediatric exam for preteens and teens: overview with lecture and discussion. Pediatric reflexes review, normal and abnormal, with lecture and demonstration. Including the reflexes that indicate that a child may be heading toward the autistic spectrum. Basic principles of adjusting.
Discussion of technique with hormones and growth plates in mind. What it means for your adjusting, with attention to ADD/ADHD and special populations.
History taking with teens: legal issues, confidentiality, interview techniques, etc.
Where to start – deciding what techniques to use, with lecture. Dollar sign and crest sign and how it can help you decide when a child is ready for a more manual technique.
Hours 5 & 6
Contraindications and technique modifications, with lecture, discussion and demonstration.
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
GERALDINE MULHALL-WRIGHT, DC
Dr. Mulhall’s professional mission is to provide her practice members with the skills and information necessary to improve the quality of their life and their family’s lives. She is committed to educating her community about the benefits of a healthy chiropractic lifestyle from birth through the end of life. She is passionate about supporting mothers through their pregnancy and birthing process and eliminating the damaging effects of birth trauma on newborns.
Dr. Mulhall-Wright is married to Scott Wright and together they live a chiropractic family wellness lifestyle and help educate their community.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 6.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable.