Patient Centered Chiropractic: Delivering Quality Care from Start to Finish (Blackburn, 12hr package 2023)
How do you see your patients?
Patient Centered Chiropractic is designed to explain the significant aspects of delivering quality care, facilitating the healing journey of the patient from start to finish. Each team member in a chiropractic office participates in quality care and delivering the results the patient needs to get from where they are, to where they want to be. This seminar helps you approach care from a biopsychosocial model, considering the full health of the patient.
This course is available through December 31. Download or print your certificate before that date.
4 Category A Exam/Technique CE hours
Online Learning at Life West
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the Credits tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the course. Click on the Register tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the course, follow the Menu of steps on the left side of the screen. It's simple: Click through the steps to move through the course.
- When you have completed the course, you can print your certificate yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be better able to:
Examine a patient with advanced expertise, including
- Identify when the right time to refer out and co-manage a patient.
- Understand the Biopsychosocial Model and how to incorporate it into your exam
Improve patient care & technique
- Create a treatment protocol for patients with different presentations.
- Discuss the differences in pain management and wellness care for populations ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics.
Hour 1: The Biopsychosocial Model of Health
How to incorporate advanced concepts of basic science such as anatomy, physiology, endocrinology, and neurology into your examination & history process. We will discuss the components of each and how they all play a role in the patient’s desire to seek care as well as how they will present in the history/exam.
Hour 2: Examination Red Flags, Referrals and Reviews
Quality care is determined by the doctor’s ability to know when the right time to treat is. Common presentations will be discussed as well as well as how to rule out red flags. If red flags are present, the proper lines of communication will be discussed as well as co management of a patient. When it is determined a patient is in the right place, quality care will lead to referrals when discussed adequately.
Hour 3: Technique & Treatment Protocols
We will review the standards of care as well as common techniques & treatment protocols for patients of all presentations. From acute care to chronic, each patient deserves to be cared for as an individual and ethically prescribed the correct technique and amount of care based on their presentation.
Hour 4: Pain to Wellness
Pain looks different for different populations. The causes for each population will be discussed as well as different techniques and care options for the specific population. From pediatrics to geriatrics, each deserve care and each deserve an opportunity to live a high quality of life, regardless of where they are in life.
DERRELL BLACKBURN, DC, MBA
Dr. Derrell is a chiropractor, educator, serial entrepreneur and thought leader on a mission to create positive change in healthcare. In addition to opening multiple juice and smoothie bars and running a high volume, membership-based practice in the S.F. Bay Area, Dr. Blackburn was also a professor at Life Chiropractic College West teaching Embryology, Social Entrepreneurship and Philosophy prior to joining The Joint Chiropractic as VP of Learning and Development. Along with his experience in chiropractic and entrepreneurship, Dr. Blackburn also served on multiple boards including the St. Rose Hospital Foundation Board in Hayward, CA. In addition to his involvement outside of the profession, he is also active in the profession on the Alumni Board of Directors at Parker University, he is the Research Chair and Western Representative for the American Black Chiropractic Association, as well as the Arizona Representative Assembly member for the International Chiropractors Association, to name a few. Dr. Derrell holds an MBA in Health Administration as well as his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Parker University in Dallas, TX.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AB Chiropractic CollegeAlberta College of Chiropractors
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 FL Chiropractic BoardFlorida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- 4.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NM Chiropractic BoardNew Mexico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 PA Chiropractic BoardPennsylvania Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 TN Chiropractic AssocTennessee Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners