Human Anatomy for Health and Fitness Professionals (Kunsman, Sep 19, 2020)
1-day format! Increase your understanding of the biomechanics and the anatomy of the human body and how the adjustment positively influences biomechanics as well as neurology.
Learn implications of anomalies and conditions that individualize care and progressive training.
Consider clinical applications and visualize common conditions and syndromes appearing in the spine and extremities.
Improve your understanding of stabilization, proprioception and endurance of the core and how feed-forward control mechanisms play a vital role in maintaining these systems.
Through “hands on” study of human cadaver dissections, participants will experience first-hand that:
- The “body is a scrap book” of all life experiences and is reflected in the state of all body structures, from soft tissue to bony articulations;
- All human movements have a “risk to benefit” relationship that is mirrored by the integrity of the musculoskeletal system, from superficial to deep structures;
- Anomalies and variants of structures are the rule rather than the exception, emphasizing the need for individualized training, health and fitness prescription;
- Postural integration is the most important exercise, and can be best understood through a three dimensional “inside out” approach of components;
- The “wet laboratory”setting remains the premiere learning venue for serious health and fitness professionals, regardless of what electronic applications are available for study of human anatomy.
To enable sufficient access to the cadavers for all participants, enrollment is limited to 24 registrants.
California Acupuncture Provider #716. Approval pending, category 1.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to understand the biomechanics and the anatomy of the human body and how the adjustment positively influences biomechanics as well as neurology.
Hour 1: In Lab exploration of posterior spinal muscles – including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Hour 2: In Lab exploration of posterior and anterior spinal muscles - including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Hour 3: In Lab exploration of anterior spinal muscles - including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Hour 4: In Lab exploration of upper extremity - including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Hour 5: In Lab exploration of upper and lower extremity - including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Hour 6: In Lab exploration of lower extremity - including brief overrun on origin, insertion, action, and innervation
Dr. James Kunsman, DC, practices at Vallejo Chiropractic and American Canyon Chiropractic, both in the San Francisco Bay Area. He received his Advanced Proficiency rating from Activator Methods International and is certified in Functional Movement Technique (FMT).
Dr. Kunsman graduated Magna Cum Laude from Life Chiropractic College West in 2011 where he has been a part-time anatomy instructor and a two-time winner of the Commitment To Excellence Award. He served in the United States Air Force for four years including active duty in Saudi Arabia and Dijbouti Africa. In addition, he served for eight years in the Air National Guard.
Dr. Kunsman is a black belt in Tae Soo Do, a motorcycle enthusiast and an animal lover.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If you would like to add your state, contact the Life West CE office.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is highly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CA Acupuncture BoardCalifornia Acupuncture Board
- 6.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
See our About page for cancellation and other policies.