HOW ADJUSTMENTS CAN EFFECT YOUR HEALTH (HAAVIK, ONLINE 2019)
- Traumatic experiences affect the brain in specific ways and can for some lead to mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. How this occurs will be covered in this talk
- Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to affect the most sensitive part of the brain to the detrimental effects of stress – the prefrontal cortex. How this may therefore explain, in a biologically plausible manner, why so many chiropractic patients report that they feel better, sleep better, function better, relax more and be more resilient will also be covered in this talk.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have specific questions for your instructor, you can email them at email@example.com. Please expect a response within 4 days.
Dr. Heidi Haavik is the Director of Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. She is a chiropractor and has a PhD in human neurophysiology from the University of Auckland. She is the author of the best-selling book, “The Reality Check: A Quest to Understand Chiropractic from the Inside Out.” Her book describes what happens in the brain when a chiropractor adjusts the spine. Dr. Haavik also runs a company that supports the mission of enlightening the world about the science of chiropractic (therealitycheck.com). She has received numerous research awards and has published several papers in chiropractic and neurophysiology journals.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 1.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 1.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 1.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 1.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 1.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 1.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 1.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 1.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 1.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 1.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 1.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 1.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 1.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 1.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 1.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners