Gonstead: Mastering Cervical Chair (Currie, June 16)
Adjusting shouldn’t hurt – You or the Patient! Adjusting the cervical spine in the seated position, as developed by Dr. Clarence Gonstead, allows the flexibility to correct spinal mechanical dysfunctions in all three planes: extension, lateral bending and rotation. Dispel the myths of adjusting a patient in “tension” and learn to adjust when both the doctor and patient are relaxed and balanced so your adjustments feel like a “warm knife in butter.” We’ll be introducing an innovative way to learn adjusting beyond set-ups, thru dynamic “exercises” that make adjusting fun!
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- understand principles of effortless adjusting, that can be universally applied to their current adjusting technique,
- practice, via take-home exercises, speed, balance, and leverage in their adjusting, and
- adjust the cervical spine P-A, in the seated position, with minimal force using speed and leverage.
Overview of Gonstead cervical chair adjusting.
Review of protocol for evaluating patients with acute and chronic cervical-thoracic spine problems, including brachial neuralgia, hyper-flexion/extension injuries, and degenerative joint disease. Review motion palpation of the cervical and thoracic spine.
|Hour 2||Fundamentals of cervical chair adjusting: patient placement, doctor position, and basic set-up.|
|Hour 3||Completion of the basic set-up.|
Exercises to develop speed, stabilization, and depth of thrust.
|Hour 4||Adjusting the upper cervical spine, including atlas and occiput.|
|Hour 5||Special circumstances: CAD (cervical acceleration/deceleration) injuries, torticollis, special populations including pregnant, pediatric and geriatric patients, and post-surgical cases.|
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
J. DAVID CURRIE, DC
Dr. Currie is on the faculty of Life Chiropractic College West, specializing in Gonstead technique. Dr. Currie influences Gonstead practice across the U.S. and around the world. He is on the board of directors of the Gonstead Clinical Studies Society and has taught Gonstead most recently in Malaysia. He is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic and has run a private practice in the Bay Area for over thirty years.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
California Approval PENDING
Available Credit Hours
- 5.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 5.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 5.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 5.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 5.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 5.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 5.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 5.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 5.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 5.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 5.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 5.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.