FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION (LAZARUS, SCHIPPEL, ONLINE 2019)
- Overview of Systems Biology
- Introduction to the Functional Medicine Matrix
- Influence of Epigenetics on patient care
- Common components between Chiropractic and Functional Medicine
- Introduction to the Neuro-Endocrine-Gut-Immune Axis
- Impact of nutrition for Chiropractic
- Comparison of Functional Medicine Pathogenic vs Salutogenic Models
- Understanding functional/optimal physiology vs pathology
- How to get to the “why” vs the “what” when reviewing patient’s health
- Few simple steps to choosing correct nutrition, herbal support and lifestyle recommendations
Attendees will learn The importance of functional nutrition and viewing the individual patient as a whole person and not a collection of symptoms.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at email@example.com or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
Dr. Ryan Lazarus is the clinical director at Lazarus Chiropractic & Wellness in the Napa Valley and Diablo Valley. He’s a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner with the Institute for Functional Medicine and a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist. He received his Doctor of Chiropractic from Palmer West and master’s degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States. He is a health consultant, researcher, entrepreneur and lectures for Standard Process regarding whole foods nutrition strategies.
Dr. Annette Kutz Schippel graduated from Logan University in 1998. Her passion for functional nutrition and phytotherapy has brought her a continuing flow of patients from across not only Illinois, but from all over the U.S. and other countries as well. Her expertise in functional medicine has contributed to the success of her integrative holistic practice, and has also allowed her to become a respected health educator in her profession.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 1.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 1.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 1.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 1.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 1.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 1.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 1.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 1.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 1.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 1.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 1.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 1.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 1.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 1.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 1.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 1.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners