Foundations of Brain Based Chiropractic: Misperceptions and New Perceptions (Buerger, Mar 14-15, 2020)
Change the trajectory of life for your patients!
This course brings together, in a fun and easy to understand manner, the current neuroscience on developmental neuroplasticity and aging neuroplastic changes and chiropractic research to explain the current working theory of how chiropractic adjustments may help modulate internal and external environmental perception that the brain relies on for optimal human potential. It will also provide functional assessment procedures, chiropractic management and adjusting considerations across all age and stages.
This course is packed full of critical information that can change the lives of patients across all ages!
By the end of the seminar, participants will be better able to:
- understand the theory behind how the chiropractic adjustment may affect brain function, and
- provide care plans based on the neurological integrity of the individual patient.
Introduction to Perception-Response Disorders: Understanding the neurophysiological consequences of sensory afferent dysfunction
Chiropractic Technique: How adjustments may affect brain function and how we can apply this to neurodevelopment, the aging brain, brain injuries and whiplash. Integrated literature review of chiropractic technique literature as it pertains to these topics…
Interoception: Understanding the internal monitoring of the body, its communication to the brain and the global effects on health and what is the chiropractic role…
Chiropractic Exam: The microbiome as the visceral-sensory interoceptive system and the effects on neuroplastic development and neuroplastic changes of the aging brain- what is the chiropractic connection & chiropractic management. History, observational signs and evaluation protocols…
The proprioceptive system and its effects on Perception-Response Disorders, developmental neuroplasticity and neuroplastic changes of the again brain- what is the chiropractic connection & chiropractic management. History, observational signs and evaluation protocols…
The vestibular system and its effects on Perception-Response Disorders, developmental neuroplasticity and neuroplastic changes of the again brain- what is the chiropractic connection & chiropractic management. History, observational signs and evaluation protocols…
Communicating brain based chiropractic care clearly and appropriately for patient understanding, protocol compliance, and optimal health outcomes. Q&A
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
MONIKA BUERGER, DC
Monika Buerger, DC, graduated from Life Chiropractic College West following an undergraduate degree in Exercise Physiology. She runs a thriving Idaho practice dedicated to serving those with neurodevelopmental challenges and chronic health issues. She is a pioneer in the chiropractic profession when it comes to working with children that have Neurosensory and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. She was an instructor for the ICPA for over a decade and is the founder of Intersect4Life (originally Intersect4Kids), an online teaching and coaching program for DCs.
Dr. Buerger lectures internationally on chiropractic neurophysiology and neurofunctional development and is a contributing author to pediatric textbooks.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 8.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
See About for complete information.