Examination of Headaches, Vertigo, and Cervical Spine Sprain and Strain (Bhogal, online 2023)
This 4 hour presentation is designed to help practitioners take history and examination with an attention to headaches, dizziness, and cervical spine pain. Clinical signs and symptoms will be reviewed. Attendees will walk away with the confidence to better examine and care for patients with head and neck issues.
This course is available through December 31. Download or print your certificate before that date.
- Introduce concepts relative to history taking, examination, differential diagnosis, clinical impression and the different types of diagnostic approaches.
- Discuss 4 common headaches with clinical signs and symptoms
- Finish up 4 headache types
- Present and discuss types of dizziness/vertigo with clinical signs and symptoms
- Central vs Peripheral
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Review clinical cases to reinforce differentiation between headache types
- Review clinical cases to reinforce differentiation between vertigo types
- Present the clinical signs and symptoms relative to cervical sprain and strain
- Discuss common mechanisms of injury with cervical sprain/strain
- Present the clinical sequelae associated with cervical sprain/strain and what to look for in examination
- How to better identify if one or both are the presenting concern in patient care
RAMNEEK BHOGAL, DC
Dr. Ramneek Bhogal completed his undergraduate work at the University of Nebraska and is a 2002 graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic. He has been an Associate Professor at Palmer, and Chair of the Technique department at Life Chiropractic College West. As a Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) and a Functional Medicine practitioner, his focus in practice is managing patients with complex presentations like fatigue/stress/hormone imbalances, digestive dysfunctions, and immunity challenges. He teaches functional medicine/wellness concepts at a post graduate level to other healthcare providers and often presents at professional conventions and international symposia. He is the co-founder of Peak Potential Outreach, providing integrated health services to the underserved at home and around the world. He enjoys practicing, spending time with his family, and traveling.
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
RETURNING LEARNERS: Seminars purchased before 2021 must be accessed through the My Account menu at top of screen.