Examination and Treatment of the Subluxated Pelvis and Leg (Ruch, Sep 28, 2019)
Learn with the best! In addition to being an inventor of a medical device, an expert in spinal biomechanics and a sought-after speaker, Dr. William Ruch, DC, is also author of the popular chiropractic textbooks, Atlas of Common Subluxations of the Human Spine and Pelvis (1997, 2014) and Advanced Adjusting Techniques: Chiropractic Care for Physically Compromised Patients (2018 coming soon). If that isn't enough, he also published If Mommy’s Not Happy, No One is Happy: Pregnancy and the Injured Pelvis, A Guide for Partners and Midwives (2016 - available via Dr. Ruch).
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- identify and assess subluxations in pelvis, knee, leg, ankle, and foot;
- adjust subluxations in pelvis, knee, leg, ankle, and foot; and
- identify, assess, and adjust subluxations of the pelvis, knee, leg, ankle, and foot in pregnant patients.
|1||The Subluxated Pelvis: Anatomy & mechanisms of injury|
|2||Assessing the Pelvic Girdle: Includes the 5 bony landmarks and muscular involvement|
Adjusting the Pelvic Girdle: Includes dealing with hip replacements and acute care of low back injuries
|3||Assessing and Adjusting the Pregnant Patient: Includes teaching aligning skills to partners|
|4||Knee Injuries: Anatomy & mechanisms of injury|
Assessing the Subluxated Knee: Includes finding the bony landmarks of the femur and tibia for subluxation
Adjusting the Knee Subluxation
|5||Leg, Ankle, and Foot Injuries: Includes assessing and adjusting leg, foot, and ankle|
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
WILLIAM RUCH, DC
Dr. William Ruch, DC is on the faculty at Life Chiropractic College West and is a fellow at the American Back Academy. He is a Life West graduate and has been in private practice since 1987 (North Oakland Chiropractic Clinic). In addition to being an inventor of a medical device, an expert in spinal biomechanics and a sought-after speaker, he is also author of the popular chiropractic textbooks, Atlas of Common Subluxations (Misalignments) of the Human Spine and Pelvis (1997, 2014) and Advanced Adjusting Techniques: Chiropractic Care for Physically Compromised Patients (2018). He is also author of If Mommy’s Not Happy, No One is Happy: Pregnancy and the Injured Pelvis, A Guide for Partners and Midwives (2016).
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 5.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 5.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 5.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 5.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 5.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 5.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 5.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 5.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 5.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 5.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 5.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 5.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.