Evidence-Based Approach to Chiropractic Philosophy (Tayal, 24hr package 2021)
Dr. Tayal, Life West Philosophy Chair, explores the concepts of logic, evidence, and the scientific method as it relates to understanding the 33 Principles of Chiropractic.
You’ll learn about:
- Evidence-based paradigms
- Logical fallacies;
- Critical thinking; and
and how to apply those to the 33 Principles of Chiropractic.
Please note that Evidence-Based Approach to Chiropractic Philosophy (Tayal, 24hr package 2021) is available through December 31, 2021. Be certain that you have completed all parts of the course package and downloaded or printed each certificate before December 31, 2021. Certificates will be available to you indefinitely and free of charge through ce.lifewest.edu as long as you have accessed them by the end of this year.
About this Online Seminar
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You need not complete the seminar, including the course video, in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have specific questions for your instructor, you can email them at email@example.com. Please expect a response within 4 days.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- describe the evidence-based pyramid;
- recognize common logical fallacies and how they can show up in chiropractic discussions;
- apply the 5 signs of life to chiropractic; and
- adopt a rudimentary understanding of the major premise of chiropractic and many of the 33 Principles.
The first hour begins by looking at the Evidence-Based Paradigm. It then explains the concept of logical fallacies and provides instruction in critical thinking to understand the major premise of chiropractic. Examples are given and examples are solicited from participants through discussion.
Using the foundation from the first hour, the second hour dives deeper into the 33 principles of chiropractic. The 33 Principles were drafted by Ralph W. Stephenson, DC published a book in 1927 called, “Chiropractic Textbook”. Concepts covered include life, time, matter, intelligence, and how these are connected to chiropractic.
ANKUR TAYAL, DC
Dr. Ankur Tayal is Chair of the Life Chiropractic College West philosophy department. Dr. Tayal began to pursue Chiropractic after he discovered the deeply rooted philosophy of the profession. As he learned more about the spine, the nervous system and the way the body works, he knew Chiropractic was the right path.
Dr. Tayal earned his Doctor of Chiropractic from Life West and practiced in Victoria, British Columbia for five years, incorporating NUCCA and NSA. He returned to Life West and the Bay Area in 2017, joining the faculty to teach philosophy, communication, and ethics.
He is an avid world traveller, having spent time in all major continents (excluding Antarctica) where he has cultivated several business and professional relationships globally. He is politically active, striving to further integrate Chiropractic globally in the field of healthcare. He has attended many conferences and legislative events. He loves the music of the Beatles, and cites them as one of his main inspirations for learning the power of positive thinking, fellowship and serving from one’s heart.
Learn more about Dr. Tayal at https://lifewest.edu/getting-know-dr-ankur-tayal/.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Note: This course is a part of the 24 hour CE Package. If you wish to take this course independently of the package, please find this course listed separately on https://ce.lifewest.edu under Online On-Demand Seminars.
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
Help is available during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508.