*Ethics, Law, and Preventing HIPAA Audits in a Social Media World (Massa, online 2020)
Dr. Massa is a practicing chiropractor and former faculty and Health Center Compliance Officer at Life Chiropractic College West. She'll guide you through the latest laws, policies, and procedures so that your practice will be compliant and up to date.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- Be familiar with Ethics and Laws as they pertain to the practice of chiropractic and best practices for documentation, scope of practice and mandated reporting,
- Exercise proper judgement regarding ethical considerations in the doctor-patient relationship,
- Differentiate appropriate conduct as it relates to marketing, advertising and referrals,
- Describe HIPAA federal laws and those specific to the state of California and best practices for documenting and record keeping of all HIPAA related paperwork,
- Keep the required logs and records that must be maintained for a clinical chiropractic office including release forms; locate templates and samples for immediate utilization, and
- Understand the significance sanctions imposed to HIPAA violations.
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have specific questions for your instructor, you can email them at email@example.com. Please expect a response within 4 days.
- Review of Chiropractic Ethics & Laws as stated in the Rules and Regulations of the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners, and relating to other states
- In depth study of Doctor’s Duties
- In depth study of Ethical Conduct
- Review of HIPAA law & regulations according to California State law and relating to other states
- A thorough understanding of the Privacy Rule & Security Rule
- Accessibility, Regulations and best practices as it relates to HIPAA laws.
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of what is required of the private chiropractic practice in order to be HIPAA compliant
MICHELLE MASSA DE SANCTIS, DC
Dr. Michelle Massa is a 2007 graduate of Life Chiropractic College West. Her background is in Health Education, Ergonomics and Chiropractic Education. She teaches Continuing Education courses for chiropractors in various topics including Ethics and Law, HIPAA, History and Exam as well as Ergonomics with Chiropractic Technique. She is also the founder of the Latin American Chiropractic Association which supports and empowers doctors of Spanish Speaking descent and Spanish Speaking chiropractors internationally. She is in private practice in Danville, California specializing in Women's Health.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Note: This course is a part of the 12 hour CE Package. If you wish to take this course independently of the package, please click here: Ethics, Law, and Preventing HIPAA Audits in a Social Media World (Massa, online 2020)