Ethics and Law for the Chiropractic Office (Coleman, online)
Dr. Coleman, long time Life West faculty member and practicing chiropractor, shares his deep understanding of ethics and California chiropractic law. Here’s a new take on what is allowed and what isn’t; what is mandated and what is forbidden; what you must do and what you ought to do. You’ll be surprised by what you discover, no matter how many years you’ve been in practice.
You’ll learn about:
- Chiropractic Boards and how they operate
- Contemporary ethics principles and codes
- Scope of practice
- Illegal practices
- Use of laser
- Medical necessity
- Record keeping
- Informed consent
- Informed refusal
- and more!
About this Online Seminar
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You need not complete the seminar, including the course video, in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
Any questions? Call us at (510) 780-4508 or email email@example.com.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- Represent yourself to the Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Take an active stance for yourself and for the profession
- Run your practice wisely and safely
- Communicate with your patients effectively and legally
- Ethical concepts that chiropractors are judged by
- Most common causes for legal actions taken against Chiropractors
- Limitations on using Laser therapy
- Record keeping/medical necessity
- Proper advertising
- Scope of practice
- Internet communications with your patients
- What unlicensed individuals can and cannot legally do in your office
Dr. Wayne Coleman is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic West and has been practicing in Pleasanton since 1988. He is a part time faculty member at Life Chiropractic College West and teaches Ethics and Jurisprudence to the senior classes at the college.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 BC Chiropractic CollegeBritish Columbia College of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NB Chiropractic AssocNew Brunswick Chiropractors' Association
- 2.00 ON Chiropractic CollegeOntario College of Chiropractors
- 2.00 QC Chiropractic OrdreQuebec Ordre Des Chiropracticiens