Ethics and Boundaries (Hoffman, online 2020)
From Sexual Misconduct to Gross Negligence, Dr. Hoffman shares his personal experiences of over 35 years as a practicing chiropractor running multiple clinics, to over 26 years coaching doctors through the challenges of Malpractice and Board Disciplinary actions as one of the largest providers of Malpractice Insurance in the country.
Through real world stories and experiences that doctors deal with every day, Dr. Hoffman will address:
- The Differences between Ethics and Boundaries and Risk Management
- Responsible Communication with Patients and Staff
- The Physician/Patient Relationship
- Risk Management
- Informed Consent
- Balancing Philosophy with Reality
- Real Life Examples of Issues
- Patient Boundaries
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- Have a greater level of awareness rather than fear of safeguarding your practice and license
- Manage patients and staff ethically
- Set a world class standard of ethical excellence in your office and in the public’s eye
- Understand that the responsibility of sharing chiropractic in the real world is more than just adjusting the spine, and what you as an individual chiropractor do in your office is a reflection on every chiropractor and the profession as a whole
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the Credits tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the course. Click on the Register tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the course, follow the Menu of steps on the left side of the screen. It's simple: Click through the steps to move through the course.
- When you have completed the course, you can print your certificate yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
If you have specific questions for your instructor, you can email them at Stu@chirosecure.com. Please expect a response within 4 days.
Relevance of ethics and boundaries to practice. Significance of integrity. Role of insurance re ethics & boundaries. Repercussions. Sexual misconduct, romantic relationships or advances. Role of licensing Boards. Importance of accurate record keeping. Financial management and issues with care plans.
Injury during adjustment – how to manage responsibly. Accidents in the office. Stroke and chiropractic. Informed consent – samples, value to patients and doctors.
Dr. Stuart Hoffman is 1981 graduate of Life University who, for the past thirtyfive years,has worked passionately to assist others in their journey toward optimum health both in his private practice and as a teacher and direct consultant in the Chiropractic community. His contributions in the Chiropractic field have been widespread, as he has held numerous positions in both state and national associations, lectured throughout the United States and written articles appearing in many professional journals. Dr. Hoffman has been the recipient of numerous awards – most recently, the 2015 ICA Chiropractor of the Year award. He is a cofounder of several organizations including, iamaloveableme.com, onechiropractic.org and ChiroSecure – an insurance company offering chiropractic malpractice coverage and more.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
RETURNING LEARNERS: Seminars purchased before 2020 must be accessed through the My Account menu at top of screen.