Ethical Navigation of Acute Care and Wellness Care Guidelines (Dieter, online 2022)
What is wellness care? What are the ethical and legal differences between acute care and wellness care? Many chiropractors have been caught by this question. This seminar will help you clarify definitions, ethical practices, and guidelines around this critical topic.
This course is available through December 31, 2021. Download or print your certificate before that date.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- define acute care and wellness care
- understand and apply ethical practices around acute and wellness care
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
If you have questions or concerns along the way, contact Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508 during our regular business hours 9am-5pm Mon-Fri. Please expect a response within 1-2 business days.
Hour 1: The first hour will involve discussion of definitions, ethics, and guidelines around the chiropractic management of the chief complaint. Including clinical choices (examination, when to and not to adjust, frequency of care, etc.), communication, documentation.
Hour 2: The second hour will involve the discussion of ethics of wellness care as it pertains to the chiropractic setting. Including clinical choices (examination, when to and not to adjust, frequency of care, etc.), communication, documentation.
PHIL DIETER, DC
Dr. Philip Dieter graduated magna cum laude from Life Chiropractic College West in 2006. He has been teaching with Life West since 2013 in the areas of anatomy, technique, and business. Dr. Dieter is the Governmental Affairs Director of CalChiro (formerly the California Chiropractic Association) and was CalChiro Doctor of the Year in 2019.
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IA, IL, MD, MA, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
RETURNING LEARNERS: Seminars purchased before 2021 must be accessed through the My Account menu at top of screen.