Engaging the Science of Vitalism in Practice and in Life (Lipton, Rockwell, Sitton, July 21-22)
Engaging the Science of Vitalism in Practice and in Life: Embodying the Biology of Belief
Modern Science and the Practice of Vitalism: Frontier science is offering an integral understanding of the mechanics of life at all levels of living systems – cellular, social and ecological – which profoundly revises our perception of reality. Scientific insights, from deep ecology, fractal geometry, quantum biophysics, epigenetics and the neurosciences offer a new emerging vision – one that sees the world as a network of interconnected and interdependent phenomena.
Through the experience of deepening one’s connection to self, community and the cosmos – we will validate the perennial philosophy of DD Palmer’s vitalistic contribution to the foundation of chiropractic. Join Bruce, Omri and Jeff, for an illustrated and animated presentation that will inspire your spirit, engage your mind, and challenge your creativity, as you comprehend the enormous potential for applying this information in your personal life and practice!
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- describe leading edge research that reveals how perception of environmental signals controls behavior and gene expression - the science of epigenetics.
- describe how quantum mechanical energy fields, including thought, interact with cellular proteins to control life.
- describe how membrane protein perception complexes translate Innate Intelligence into biological behavior. These signal-translating proteins represent the fundamental “building” blocks of human consciousness.
- become aware that prenatal and perinatal experiences provide for programmed perceptions, the basic physiology and behavior-controlling units of awareness that comprise the Educated Mind.
- describe the elements of the new biology that provide a scientific foundation for Palmer’s Chiropractic Philosophy.
- understand the basic fractal geometry of Nature and how its iterated patterns mirror human patterns.
- have a better understanding of the new model of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), derived from new research on the Polyvagal Theory;
- understand how their ANS’s “range of motion” may be restricted and how to get back to their original orienting system. Participants will know how to retrain their autonomic nervous system in order to dwell, orient to and engage life from a place of connection, play, love and intimacy with themselves and with others.
- have the ability to practice mindfulness somatic activities, and reference the research behind the science, to shift their autonomic states from defense to growth.
- learn the relationship between skin and brain, and how to help change or modulate old, outdated nervous system patterns through a specific type of touch.
- appreciate the power of metaphor in how we shape our beliefs and our ability to perceive. Participants will also learn to distinguish between metaphors that help and those that hinder the brain’s task of helping us grow and change through feeling safe, rather than threatened.
- be inspired to take these embodied experiences “from their chairs to their practices and their lives” – to change their beliefs and feel more empowered as the creators of their own lives!
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
BRUCE H. LIPTON, PhD
Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. Stem cell biologist, bestselling author of The Biology of Belief and recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award, he has been a guest speaker on hundreds of TV and radio shows, as well as keynote presenter for national and international conferences.
Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of Anatomy at the University of Wisconsin’s School of Medicine in 1973. Dr. Lipton’s research on muscular dystrophy, studies employing cloned human stem cells, focused upon the molecular mechanisms controlling cell behavior. An experimental tissue transplantation technique developed by Dr. Lipton and colleague Dr. Ed Schultz and published in the journal Science was subsequently employed as a novel form of human genetic engineering.
In 1982, Dr. Lipton began examining the principles of quantum physics and how they might be integrated into his understanding of the cell’s information processing systems. He produced breakthrough studies on the cell membrane, which revealed that this outer layer of the cell was an organic homologue of a computer chip, the cell’s equivalent of a brain. His research at Stanford University’s School of Medicine, between 1987 and 1992, revealed that the environment, operating though the membrane, controlled the behavior and physiology of the cell, turning genes on and off. His discoveries, which ran counter to the established scientific view that life is controlled by the genes, presaged one of today’s most important fields of study, the science of epigenetics. Two major scientific publications derived from these studies defined the molecular pathways connecting the mind and body. Many subsequent papers by other researchers have since validated his concepts and ideas.
Dr. Lipton’s novel scientific approach transformed his personal life as well. His deepened understanding of cell biology highlighted the mechanisms by which the mind controls bodily functions, and implied the existence of an immortal spirit. He applied this science to his personal biology, and discovered that his physical well-being improved, and the quality and character of his daily life was greatly enhanced.
Dr. Lipton has taken his award-winning medical school lectures to the public and is currently a sought after keynote speaker and workshop presenter. He lectures to conventional and complementary medical professionals and lay audiences about leading-edge science and how it dovetails with mind-body medicine and spiritual principles. He has been heartened by anecdotal reports from hundreds of former audience members who have improved their spiritual, physical and mental well being by applying the principles he discusses in his lectures. He is regarded as one of the leading voices of the new biology.
Dr Lipton’s work summarizing his findings, entitled, The new updated 10th Anniversary Edition of The Biology of Belief, (Hay House Publishing, softcover, ISBN 978-1-4019-4891-7). His second book, Spontaneous Evolution, Our Positive Future and a Way to Get There From Here. (Hay House Publishing, ISBN 978-1-4019-2580-2) and his third book, The Honeymoon Effect, The Science of Creating Heaven on Earth. (Hay House Publishing, ISBN 978-1-4019-2386-0)
JEFF ROCKWELL, DC
Dr. Jeff Rockwell combines over 30 years of experience teaching and practicing chiropractic, somatic education and Canadian osteopathy with his love of poetry, music and philosophy to teach highly creative classes that bring the student quickly to the heart of healing. Jeff is a firm believer that bodywork, movement therapy, chiropractic and osteopathic practices and principles can bring serenity and self-regulation to the nervous system, and an embodied interconnectedness to the larger nervous system we call the world – one bodymind at a time.
Dr. Rockwell has produced many educational tools (DVDs, manuals and books) for students based on his unique, yet classical, approaches to chiropractic, osteopathy and somatic education. Among them is the book The Health That Is Never Lost: A Vitalistic Approach to Osteopathy, Chiropractic and Bodywork, as well as Vagus Nerve Self-Care: Becoming the Flow Around Life’s Obstacles (2018).
Dr. Rockwell is a graduate of Life Chiropractic College. He has taught at Parker University, College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas from 1992-2002 and at National Holistic Institute in San Jose, CA from 2009-2015. He currently teaches at Cypress Health Institute in Santa Cruz and provides care for his clients in private practice in Los Gatos and in Mill Valley.
OMRI SITTON, DC
Dr. Omri graduated from Parker Chiropractic College in Dallas, Texas in December 2000 and has been practicing chiropractic and studying various bodywork techniques since 1997. He has achieved certification in Network Spinal Analysis, Torque Release Technique and Zero Balancing. He has extensive training in Somato Respiratory Integration (SRI), Craniosacral Therapy, Continuum Movement and meditation. Since 2004 he has been involved in the Get Access Workshop (accessworkshop.com) assisting doctors and students through sensory enhancement training with its founder and developer, Dr. Robert Weigand, D.C.
He has operated chiropractic centers in Oakland and Santa Cruz, CA and Miami, FL. Dr. Omri’s approach to healing offers a fusion of 17 years of personal and clinical experience stemming from vitalistic and neurology-based chiropractic, as well common elements and principles fundamental to a variety of long-standing healing practices.
Omri has been Dr. Bruce Lipton’s chiropractor for the last decade. Having been fascinated with Bruce’s work (years before Biology of Belief came out) it was no surprise that their field energies brought them together. They share similar life philosophies and healing principles that they live by and inspire their students with. Embodying the Biology of Belief is a culmination of a collective consciousness that has naturally transpired through universal intelligence.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Applications PENDING at this time.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.