The Endocannabinod System for Chiropractors & Health Professionals: Understanding and Supporting the ECS for Optimal Health (Karpfinger, Jan 25, 2020)
Dr. Eileen Karpfinger is the go-to doctor when it comes to understanding the endocannabinoid system and your patients' health. She is a sought-after speaker on the topic, with a regular podcasts on living a healthy life including and beyond hemp.
In this seminar Dr. Eileen will present anatomy and scientific research of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) and how to nourish and detox that system using non-psychoactive phytocannabinoids that are legal and safe. Chocolate, turmeric, echinacea, dark leafy greens, and hemp are healthy phytocannabinoids that help this system help us. The chiropractor can now further assist their patients with supplements that fundamentally affect their well-being. This course explains how to do this within the bounds of the law, while following vitalistic Chiropractic principles of non-harm and holistic health.
Join us for a deep dive into this timely topic so you can guide your patients with confidence.
Saturday, 8:00am - 2:00pm
Ethics hours are 12:00 - 2:00pm
What is the endocannabinoid system (ECS)? Who discovered it? What does it do?
Neurological impact of the ECS in Scientific Studies
Immunology, epigenetics and the ECS. How has the ECS helped with immune function and epigenetics?
Gastrointestinal health and the ECS
Ethics & Law
ECS and Hemp
California state law and 2018 Federal Farm Bill Act
Ethics & Law
ECS & Hemp
Historical use of hemp in the US
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
EILEEN KARPFINGER, DC
Chiropractor and Functional Medicine Doctor in Oakland, California. Dr. Karpfinger has been working with her husband Dr. Aaron Rosselle, DC at iCOR for over 17 years where they focus on holistic solutions to balancing the body. When vaccine mandate law was introduced in the state of California, Dr. Karpfinger was on the front lines opposing this law, knowing the impact it would have on babies and children and their families. Dr Karpfinger has used nutrition, herbal and mycological adaptigens, probiotics, and chiropractic to help babies, children, and adults in all facets of health regain their vitality. Heavy Metal detoxing, Microbiome protection and recultivation, Myofacial restructuring, and Chiropractic.
Dr. Eileen Karpfinger has been helping people live healthier lives since 1992, as a Nutritional and Cleansing Coach. Active throughout her childhood and teen years in running and bike racing, she developed an interest in endurance sports as a Junior in High School. She has, to date, completed 23 marathons, 2 triathlons, and 1 endurance run of 40 miles. Following her graduation from College with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Dr. Eileen traveled the world for nearly 2 years solo. On that adventure she heard the calling to become a Doctor. Deciding that her life should be spent helping more people on a grander scale, she embarked on a journey that would lead her to Life Chiropractic College West in Hayward where she earned a Doctorate in Chiropractic, graduating with honors. Dr. Eileen has been in private practice since 1999, helping families achieve their wellness goals while raising healthy, un-medicated children. She continues to mentor families and provides nutrition and parenting workshops in all parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. Extensive postgraduate training has earned her advanced certification in Network Spinal Analysis and Webster In‐Utero Constraint Technique. Her clinical practice focuses on optimizing health and wellness through holistic integrative health care from a vitalistic (the body's inborn ability to self-heal) perspective. Her practice has focused her expertise on a wide range of health concerns with an emphasis on family, pregnancy and pediatric care. She is co-founder and co-director of Upaya Center for Wellbeing and iCOR (Integrative Chiropractic & Orthopedic Rehabilitation), located in Oakland, California, an outgrowth of her vision to build a healing centered community delivering true, collaborative health and wellness care.
For more information, see http://doctorei.com/.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is highly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 4.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable.