Comprehensive and Ethical Billing and Coding (Tribuno, Dec 1 & 3, 2020)
Live webinars now satisfy California Board requirements for live CE. See DCA Waiver DCA-20-63 for regulatory details.
Dr. Angel Tribuno will knock your socks off with critically relevant, up-to-the minute, and always entertaining information that you need to make your great practice run even better.
This four-hour on line course will provide the chiropractic health care provider with a current and credible systematic approach of proper and ethical billing and coding including and not limited to patient record documentation and the dimensions of the patient record. These dimensions are: 1) the structure, which represents the attributes of why the care is delivered and how the care is delivered with the end result to reflect the highest specificity of ICD-10 Diagnosis Code/s and CPT code to report accurate services performed that are clearly supported in the health care record.
4 Category A Billing/Coding CE Hours
Tuesday 8:00 - 9:40am PST
Thursday 8:00 - 9:40am PST
(both sessions required)
1. Documentation/Billing/Coding guidelines and the documentation of restorative medically necessary care verses non- medically necessary care.
2. Acute health care issues v. chronic exacerbations and the documentation/billing/coding of the same.
3. Identify the importance of reporting code assignment
a. Evaluation and Management Codes
b. Chiropractic Manipulation Treatment Codes
c. Physical Medicine Rehabilitation Codes
4. Ethical specificity of clinical documentation in order to assign specific diagnosis and procedure codes correctly.
Angel Tribuno, DC
Attendees of a Dr. Tribuno seminar love spending the day with her because she makes the daunting task of navigating insurance coding/billing and documentation so approachable. As a keynote speaker, for many programs, attendees are drawn in by her fun and friendly professional attention to each person’s success while still clearly understanding the complex material. Soon enough though, you’ll realize her native New York personality is coupled with her deep knowledge of the curriculum and provides for a presentation proven to be as informative as it is enjoyable.
A 1993 Graduate of Life Chiropractic College, Dr. Tribuno served as a Board of Director for the Georgia Council of Chiropractic and the Executive Director for the Larry Webster Foundation. She is a past member of Faculty at Life Chiropractic College where she served as a Lead Instructor in chiropractic technique and a past Director of the Postgraduate Department. In addition to her academic role she ran a highly profitable Georgia practice for over 20 years retiring in 2013 for full time participation in a formal educational role in Documentation, Coding, Billing and Record Keeping.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners