Chiropractic Billing & Coding (Calkins, webinar May 24 & 26, 2022)
Navigate the insurance claims billing and reimbursement process with confidence and ease. Maximize your financial advantage ethically and efficiently in 2022. This seminar will point out the new 2022 changes to protocol and provide a deep dive into provider networks, effective billing for your services in-or out-of-network.
4 Billing/Coding (category A) CE hours
Tuesday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
Thursday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
(both sessions required)
• Commercial insurance network participation.
• The expectations for in-and-out of network providers.
• Medicare participation (Par/Non Par) and regulations for each.
• How to find expected reimbursement for commercial and government payers.
• CPT (Procedure) Coding.
• Bundled procedures and modifier usage.
• Updates to Evaluation and Management codes and how to determine which level of office visit is billable.
• ICD-10 Coding.
• How to identify the most specific diagnosis code available.
• Medicare guidelines for diagnosis order.
• Workers’ Compensation
• American Specialty Health
• Personal Injury billing
• Examples of HCFA paper bills and electronic submissions through clearinghouses.
• Advanced Beneficiary Notice for Medicare Beneficiaries.
EMMA CALKINS, CA
Emma Calkins is a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist with over fifteen years of experience in the field. She was raised by a Chiropractor and a medical biller, and remembers tearing the sides off of triplicate HCFAs (remember those?) to make them into bracelets as a child. It seemed natural to become a certified Medical Billing & Coding Specialist, and she quickly realized a true passion for getting healthcare providers payment for their services. After working in medical offices and for an insurance company she understood the need for quality, affordable medical billing services. This need arose from the steady decline in fee schedules along with an increased burden on those providers due to changes in healthcare law. As Founder and President of In Charge Office Solutions, Ms. Calkins set out to fill that need, alleviate some burden from the medical office, and is involved in every aspect of the company to ensure that quality is maintained.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners