Chiropractic and the Polyvagal Theory Made Easy & Applicable (Buerger, online 2021)
The body's wandering nerve - the Vagus Nerve - has made a huge splash in the world of health and well-being in the past two decades. Join Dr. Buerger as she breaks down the Polyvagal Theory into easy to understand, bite-size pieces to help chiropractors and their staff better understand and communicate the importance of the vagus nerve. Then learn how to apply these principles to everyday practice!
Monika Buerger, BS, DC, is the pioneer in the chiropractic profession when it comes to working with children that have neurosensory and neurodevelopmental disorders. She is a powerful and engaging instructor who brings it all down to earth for the every-day practitioner. She is not to be missed!
4 general CE hours
Upon successful completion of this seminar, chiropractors will better be able to
1. Identify development, anatomy, characteristics, and function of the vagal nerve
2. Apply understanding of vagal tone to improve patient care
Hour 1: Development of Vagal Tone and the Autonomic Nervous System
This hour will cover the developmental window of opportunity of the autonomic nervous system and toxic insults that can change the trajectory of its development. It will also cover key management considerations for the chiropractor; including adjusting recommendations, exercise and nutritional support.
Hour 2: The Gorilla, the Squirrel and the Turtle: Understanding and Communicating the Polyvagal Theory Made Easy
This hour will cover the neuroanatomy of the vagal system and the functions and characteristics of each branch. Dr. Buerger will break down the “vagal ladder” in a very easy to understand manner using simple graphics and analogies to help build communication skills, confidence and certainty for the chiropractor in practice.
Hour 3: Chiropractic Neuroscience and Vagal Tone
In this hour, Dr. Buerger will cover the chiropractic neuroscience along with other neuroscience literature that is available on vagal tone and how it pertains to the practicing chiropractor.
Hour 4: Chiropractic Neuroscience and Applying Polyvagal Principles in the Chiropractic Practice
In this hour, Dr. Buerger will continue and conclude discussion of neuroscience, vagal tone, and chiropractic for the majority of the hour. She will also briefly discuss sensory-motor and posture-based evaluation protocols associated with poor vagal tone. Adjustment and care management protocols will also be discussed.
Monika Buerger, BA, DC, graduated from Life Chiropractic College West in 1991. She also has an undergraduate degree in Exercise Physiology from California State University, Fresno. She has enjoyed extensive post-graduate training in the areas of neurodevelopment, functional neurology, neuro-nutrition and functional wellness. She has a private family practice in Ammon, Idaho that is dedicated to serving those with neurodevelopmental challenges, neurodegenerative disorders and chronic health issues. She is the pioneer in the chiropractic profession when it comes to working with children that have neurosensory and neurodevelopmental disorders.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
See About for the full refund policy.
Computer, tablet, or phone with sufficient audio volume, and a strong Internet connection are required.
Help is available during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.780.4508.