In Case You Missed the Memo: New Evaluation & Management Guides, Diagnosis Codes & More (Bilodeau, Nov 16 & 18, 2021)
Live webinars now satisfy California Board requirements for live CE. See DCA Waiver DCA-20-63 for regulatory details.
Even if you don’t accept payment from an insurance carrier or send claims to insurance carriers you are still required to properly code and document the services that you provide your patients. You should feel confident that you can pass a review from an insurance carrier, an attorney, the BCE or any other party requesting records.
This course is designed to cover the most frequently used billing codes (CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10) used in many Chiropractic offices throughout the United States and to produce “clean claims” so that you and your patients don’t experience delays and claims are processed correctly the first time.
4 Billing/Coding (category A) CE hours
Tuesday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
Thursday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
(both sessions required)
2021 E/M Guidelines
- Office or Other Outpatient Services
- New Prolonged Service E/M Code
- Synchronous telemedicine services rendered via a real-time interactive audio and video telecommunications systems
- Telephone services
- Online digital Evaluation and Management Services.
How to conduct an E/M self-audit
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- ICD-10 Basics
- Red flag issues
- HCPCS codes focusing on supports, supplies and service codes
- Patient Records and Documentation
Chiropractic Patient Records/Accountable Billing § 318, including Patient Intake Forms & Informed Consent § 319.1
- Treatment Records
California Business and Professions Code Section 650-657
- Producing clean claims for “cash” and insurance practices
- Proper CMS 1500 (02/12) form completion form for health insurance, personal injuries, Worker’s Compensation cases and Medicare*
- California Health and Safety Code 123110
Lisa Bilodeau, CA
Lisa is a veteran C.A. with more than 40 years of chiropractic office experience who has helped chiropractors though out the United States create successful practices.
Beyond her unmatched CSS Services, Lisa was a featured columnist for Dynamic Chiropractic. She has also guest lectured for Palmer College of Chiropractic-West, Life Chiropractic College-West, Karl Parker Seminars, Pat Gayman’s Empower-U Workshops, and Munson and Associates’ Professional Chiropractic Assistants programs. She developed the Chiropractic Assistants’ training programs at Palmer-West, and is a speaker for local associations and state conventions.
Lisa believes that solid companies are founded on integrity and ethical business practices. Lisa also continues to work in both Chiropractic and Acupuncture office and faces many of the same types of issues you do. Lisa offers knowledge, expertise and a passion for chiropractic health care that can help your practice achieve its true potential.
Lisa is founder and president of Chiropractor Success Systems.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners