WAVE 2023: 12 CE Hours Online
Ethics and Law Masterclass
Dr. Stuart Hoffman, DC
2 hours ethics
In this course, Dr. Stu Hoffman and Eric Hoffman of ChiroSecure will take a deep dive into Ethics, Law, and risk management as a whole. By the end of the presentation, you will be armed with best practices and techniques to avoid long term claims, lawsuits, or board investigations. The first hour focuses on professional boundaries and the second hour concerns truth in advertising.
Position Sense and Movement: The Importance of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physiology/Medicine to the Chiropractic Profession
Dr. Daniel Murphy, DC
1 hour general
In part, chiropractic care includes the assessment of the way in which an individual mechanically lives, exists, and functions in a gravity environment. For decades, studies have supported the importance of mechanical function in human physiology and health. Finally, the 2021 Nobel Prize in physiology/medicine also involved the importance of mechanical function, especially position and movement. This talk is a historic review of these studies and their contemporary implications; it is a particularly essential and exciting presentation for all chiropractors.
Unreasonable and Extraordinary Healing
Dr. Donny Epstein, DC
1 hour general
Beyond restoring an individual to a prior minimal state, beyond relief, therapeutics or maintenance care, we can deliver so much MORE than the expected cultural belief of what is "normal" healing. Unreasonable and Extraordinary Outcomes are associated with accessing a new Energetics of healing and upgrading the human OS.
Empowering Women: Birthing a New Paradigm of Healthcare
Dr. Mindy Pelz, DC
0.5 hours general
Women have been given a one size fits all approach to healthcare that is not serving them. Too many women feel unheard, out of healthcare answers, and are looking for a new paradigm of health to step into. They want a paradigm that is personalized to their unique hormonal needs and empowers them to take back control of their own health.
WAVE 2022: Introduction to the Management of Collision Based Athletes
Dr. Kevin Jackson, DC
0.5 hours general
This review is designed to refresh the chiropractor’s knowledge on the cranial-cervical area, and the potential negative impact that collision-based sports create.
Patient Centered Chiropractic: Delivering Quality Care from Start to Finish
Dr. Derrell Blackburn, DC
4 hours technique
Patient Centered Chiropractic is designed to explain the significant aspects of delivering quality care, facilitating the healing journey of the patient from start to finish. Each team member in a chiropractic office participates in quality care and delivering the results the patient needs to get from where they are, to where they want to be. This seminar helps you approach care from a biopsychosocial model, considering the full health of the patient.
Moving Chiropractic into the 22nd Century
Dr. Ron Oberstein, DC
1 hour general
From the early days of chiropractic to the present and into the future, new technologies bring more clarity and verification to chiropractic.
With new research and data sets, it is clear to see which systems in our healthcare world are and are not working. This talk will look at the past, present and future of chiropractic, along with technology and research to show the possibilities chiropractic holds to enhance the health of the world.
Beyond the Box
Dr. Liz Anderson-Peacock, DC
1 hour general
Join Dr. Anderson-Peacock as she tackles these essential questions: Have you put patients or even your abilities and skills into a box? For example, who decides how healing should occur or how long it should take? What if we opened our perceptions to think beyond any box in the first place? What would that look like?
The Vision of the Far
Dr. Walter Sanchez, DC
0.5 hours general
Dr. Sanchez will present the history of founding the first Family Chiropractic Center in Perú in 1994, the public health imperative to bring Chiropractic to other countries, and the role of Chiropractic philosophy and principles as part of the creating force.
The Power of Serving to Change
Dr. Xavier Tipler, DC
0.5 hours general
Dr. Tipler will address the lack of adequate Chiropractic care and health-care, with emphasis on underserved communities. These inadequacies have resulted in increased chronic disease, mental illness, and increased poverty. What can we do to meet this challenge?
STUART HOFFMAN, DC
Dr. Stuart Hoffman is 1981 graduate of Life University who has worked passionately to assist others in their journey toward optimum health both in his private practice and as a teacher and direct consultant in the Chiropractic community. His contributions in the Chiropractic field have been widespread, as he has held numerous positions in both state and national associations, lectured throughout the United States and written articles appearing in many professional journals. Dr. Hoffman has been the recipient of numerous awards – most recently, the 2015 ICA Chiropractor of the Year award. He is a cofounder of several organizations including, iamaloveableme.com, onechiropractic.org and ChiroSecure – an insurance company offering chiropractic malpractice coverage and more.
DAN MURPHY, DC
Dan Murphy graduated magna cum laude from Western States Chiropractic College in 1978, and has more than 34 years of practice experience. He has a Diplomat in Chiropractic Orthopedics. For 30+ years he has served as part-time faculty at Life Chiropractic College West, where his academic rank is that of Professor. He has taught more than 1,500 post-graduate continuing education seminars. Dr. Murphy is a contributing author to the books Motor Vehicle Collision Injuries and Pediatric Chiropractic. From 2003-2009 Dr. Murphy was the Vice President of the International Chiropractic Association, and was honored to be chosen as “Chiropractor of the Year” 2009 -2010.
DONNY EPSTEIN, DC
Dr. Donny Epstein is at the forefront of the global wellness movement. Dr. Epstein is the founder and developer of Somato Respiratory Integration and Network Spinal Analysis, both revolutionary modalities promoting enhanced well-being.
MINDY PELZ, DC
Dr. Mindy Pelz, D.C is a bestselling author, keynote speaker, nutrition and functional health expert who has spent over two decades helping thousands of people successfully reclaim their health. She is a recognized leader in the alternative health field and a pioneer in the fasting movement, teaching the principles of a fasting lifestyle, diet variation, detox, hormones, and more. Her popular YouTube channel regularly updates followers on the latest science-backed tools and techniques to help them reset their health. She is the host of one of the leading science podcasts, The Resetter Podcast, and the author of three best-selling books; The Menopause Reset, The Reset Factor, and The Reset Kitchen. Dr. Mindy has appeared on national shows like Extra TV and The Doctors, and has been featured in Muscle & Fitness, Well + Good, SHEknows, Healthline, and more.
KEVIN JACKSON, DC
Dr. Kevin Jackson attended Niagara College for Business Administration then Brock University where he received a Bachelor of Science. After attending Brock, he earned a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Life University. During his time Life University, Dr. Jackson won the national graduate school championship. He met Dr. Selina on the first day of classes, and they later married and had 2 daughters named Kinna and Kloe. His hobbies include working out, golfing, sporting clays and working with Chester, his yellow lab.
DERRELL BLACKBURN, DC
Dr. Derrell is a chiropractor, educator, serial entrepreneur and thought leader on a mission to create positive change in healthcare. In addition to opening multiple juice and smoothie bars and running a high volume, membership-based practice in the S.F. Bay Area, Dr. Blackburn was also a professor at Life Chiropractic College West teaching Embryology, Social Entrepreneurship and Philosophy prior to joining The Joint Chiropractic as VP of Learning and Development. Along with his experience in chiropractic and entrepreneurship, Dr. Blackburn also served on multiple boards including the St. Rose Hospital Foundation Board in Hayward, CA. In addition to his involvement outside of the profession, he is also active in the profession on the Alumni Board of Directors at Parker University, he is the Research Chair and Western Representative for the American Black Chiropractic Association, as well as the Arizona Representative Assembly member for the International Chiropractors Association, to name a few. Dr. Derrell holds an MBA in Health Administration as well as his Doctorate of Chiropractic from Parker University in Dallas, TX
RON OBERSTEIN, DC
Dr. Oberstein, President of Life Chiropractic College West, is a 1981 graduate of Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia, and has had private practices in the Boston and San Diego areas. He has lectured at venues worldwide on the scientific validation of chiropractic and the effectiveness of the chiropractic adjustment along with leading philosophical conversations on salutogenesis and the vitalistic force that resides within the body. Dr. Ron has been significantly involved in professional development within the chiropractic community. He has served as Vice President of the International Chiropractors Association, and has been extensively involved in state, national and international politics during his 39 years in chiropractic. He is well-known throughout the profession as a passionate chiropractic advocate, a resourceful communicator, and a lifelong humanitarian. Dr. Oberstein and his wife of 32 years, Dr. Mary Oberstein, together have served thousands of people with chiropractic care, and constantly travel spreading the chiropractic message to the corners of the globe. The Obersteins have three daughters, Lauren, Morgan and Sydney, and all three are practicing chiropractors.
ELIZABETH ANDERSON-PEACOCK, DC
Dr. Elizabeth Anderson-Peacock has been awarded many recognitions over the years — both inside and outside the profession. She is an acclaimed speaker, teacher, author, mentor and leader in the chiropractic profession.
Dr. Anderson-Peacock graduated CMCC in 1986 and settled in Ontario, starting a practice focused on children and families. She was in the first DICCP class through the ICA. She has been published in JVSR, JCCA and JCCA and published the book, Pearls of Wisdom: Pure and Powerful in 2010. She is a professional coach, training in the co-active/cooperative model.
Dr. Anderson-Peacock has sat on many professional boards and fundraising committees, has been an examiner to the CCEB (Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board) and served on the steering committees for clinical practice guidelines in Canada and on complaint and investigation committees.
|WALTER SANCHEZ, DC
Dr. Walter Sanchez has made it his mission to provide chiropractic care to the citizens of the world, including those in his native Peru. Dr. Sanchez’s chiropractic journey started when an adjustment prevented the need for drastic medical intervention during his collegiate soccer career at Georgia State University. Dr. Sanchez graduated from Life Chiropractic College and he practices in Hialeah, Florida.
XAVIER TIPLER, DC
Dr. Xaivier Tipler received a B.S. in Biology from Central Methodist University where he was a three sport athlete. It was during this time that Dr. Tipler suffered a serious back injury while playing basketball, which led him to become a patient of and later a Doctor of Chiropractic. Dr. Tipler went on to receive a second B.S. in Human Anatomy and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Logan University, in Chesterfield, Missouri.
Dr. Tipler is Co-Founder of Evoke Chiropractic Coaching, and “I Can Be A Black Doctor.” He has been in private practice with partner and friend, Dr. Edgar Everett for over twelve years. Dr. Tipler is an Army Veteran, having served 9 years, and 2 years in the Iraq war. He is active in the American Black Chiropractors Association, the Missouri Chiropractic Association, and American Chiropractic Association.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 AL Chiropractic BoardAlabama Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 FL Chiropractic BoardFlorida Board of Chiropractic Medicine
- 12.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 9.50 KY Chiropractic BoardKentucky Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NM Chiropractic BoardNew Mexico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NS Chiropractic CollegeNova Scotia College of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 12.00 NY Chiropractic BoardNew York State Board for Chiropractic
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 8.00 OK Chiropractic BoardOklahoma Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 12.00 PA Chiropractic BoardPennsylvania Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 SK Chiropractic AssocSaskatchewan Chiropractors' Association
- 12.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 VI Chiropractic BoardU.S. Virgin Islands Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WI Chiropractic BoardWisconsin Chiropractic Examining Board
- 12.00 WV Chiropractic BoardWest Virginia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners