CCEP: Advanced Principles of Foot, Gait, and Orthotics (Hearon, Dec 4-5, 2021)
Spinal stability depends upon the feet. This hands-on module of the Extremities Practitioner series addresses how the feet control motions into the knees, pelvis and lumbar spine. This course covers the mechanical chain of events in the lower extremities, and how joint subluxations affect posture and gait. Know what foot orthotic options are available, too.
CCEP - Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner
The CCEP series offer practical, objective-based solutions for treating the extremities. It includes 105 hours of instruction in seven live seminars.
The courses are offered through Life West. The CCEP credential is provided by the Council on Extremity Adjusting
Courses will be held on the Life West campus October 2021 - April 2022.
See About CCEP for more information.
Saturday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 8:00am - 2:00pm
At the end of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- know the kinetic chain of motion and how it is impacted by dysfunctions of the foot;
- understand technical definitions; and
- prescribe shoes and/or orthotics to improve patient gait and/or enhance their postural chain.
|08:00 - 09:00||Overview of gait, primary shock-absorber, and secondary shock-absorber|
|09:00 - 10:00||Discussions: Basic anatomy; Bones of the Foot; Anatomical landmarks; and Major Muscles|
|10:00 - 11:00||Discussions: Basic bio-mechanics; Pronation & supination; Medial & lateral foot; and Patho-mechanical neutral position|
|11:00 - 12:00||Discussions: Structural deformities; Leg length discrepancies; Coxa vera; Coxa valga; Forefoot varus; Forefoot valgus; and Functional hallucis limitus|
|12:00 - 01:00||Lunch|
|01:00 - 02:00||Discussions: Overall mechanics of bone movement in the lower extremities and pelvis; Subtalar pronation; and Subtalar supination|
|02:00 - 03:00||Discussions: Effects of lower-limb abnormalities on foot function; Talus motion; and Intrinsic foot deformities|
|03:00 - 04:00||Discussions: Shoe definitions; Functional orthotics; Accommodative orthotics; and Kinetic wedge modification|
|04:00 - 05:00||Patient history, past & present; >Examination: Weight bearing and Non-weight bearing|
|05:00 - 06:00|
Techniques to adjust the: Talus; Calcaneus; Cuboid; Navicular; Cuneiforms; Metatarsals; and Phalanges
|08:00 - 09:00||Foot casting: standing & sitting, generic or neutral position|
|09:00 - 10:00||Ordering or prescribing orthotics form the lab|
|10:00 - 11:00||Product distribution, purpose of items, video of protocol|
|11:00 - 12:00||Hands-on application: Making in-house foot orthotics|
|12:00 - 01:00||Reviewing modifications to orthotics for varied anomalies|
|01:00 - 02:00||Review the session and clear-up any outstanding issues|
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
Dr. Hearon is the President of the Council on Extremity Adjusting, an education organization dedicated to teaching chiropractors extremity adjusting. With over 35 years of experience treating the spine and extremities, including collegiate, Olympic and professional athletes, Dr. Hearon helped pioneer the extremity adjusting movement in chiropractic.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing board approval.
Available Credit Hours
- 15.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 11.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 15.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 15.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 15.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 15.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 15.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 15.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 15.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 15.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 15.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 15.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 15.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 15.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 15.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 15.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 15.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 15.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 15.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations. See https://ce.lifewest.edu/ccep for refund policies specific to this program.