Common Radiologic Diagnosis in Chiropractic Practice (Motley, May 25 & 27, 2021)
Live webinars now satisfy California Board requirements for live CE. See DCA Waiver DCA-20-63 for regulatory details.
A 6-hour discussion on lesions commonly encountered in the chiropractic practice. Participants will gain familiarity with images of congenital anomalies, soft tissue abnormalities and lesions affecting articulations.
Tuesday, May 25th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Thursday, May 27th - 8:00 am - 11:00 am
(both sessions required)
Hour 1: CONGENITAL LESIONS
Examples of congenital anomalies of the axial and appendicular skeleton. Anomalous development of typical and atypical vertebra will be discussed. Congenital variations in development of bones and articulations of the appendicular skeleton included.
Hour 2: OSSEOUS LESIONS
Discussions include acquired bone lesions of surgical and degenerative etiologies. Deformities of bone, post-surgical imaging findings, bone marrow alterations and metabolic osseous changes included in discussion.
Hour 3: ARTICULAR LESIONS
Lesions affecting articular surfaces and joint complexes will be reviewed. Topics including inflammatory arthritis, non-inflammatory arthritis, and joint instability will be discussed.
Hours 4 & 5: TRAUMATIC LESIONS
Common fractures and joint dislocations to be discussed. Acute, subacute, and healed radiographic appearances of skeletal injury. Osseous complications like malunion, non-union and infection included.
Hour 6: SOFT TISSUE LESIONS
Radiographic appearances of soft tissue lesions including vascular, visceral, and articular/periarticular soft tissue changes will be discussed. Topics for discussion include atherosclerosis, visceral herniation, disc abnormalities and soft tissue concretions.
JAMIE P. MOTLEY, MA, DC, DACBR
Dr. Jamie P Motley completed her Doctorate of Chiropractic studies in 2009 at Life Chiropractic College West. As a chiropractic student, Motley developed a keen interest in radiology. Shortly following graduation she entered a Diplomat of the American Chiropractic College of Radiology post-doctorate program at New York Chiropractic College in upstate NY. Upon successfully completing the DACBR program, Dr. Motley started a private reading practice interpreting Radiographic, MRI and CT musculoskeletal studies. In 2013, Dr Motley accepted a teaching position here at Life West where she teaches and reads imaging studies and inspires students. In 2019 Dr. Motely took on a new position as the founding director of Life West's Master's of Science in Diagnostic Imaging program.
Learn more about Dr. Motley at https://lifewest.edu/meet-jamie-motley-director-of-new-diagnostic-imaging-program/.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 6.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 X-Ray HoursX-Ray CE Hours