Chiropractic Perspectives on Common Infant Concerns (O'Neill Bhogal, online 2021)
This 4-hour presentation is designed to help practitioners recognize and care for common infant presentations associated with prenatal and perinatal factors. Birth trauma, altered head shape, torticollis, and other infant concerns will be explored. Clinical evaluation and management will be reviewed with an emphasis on recognizing cases that may require co-management with other specialists. Common subluxation patterns will be discussed. Attendees will gain confidence in their ability to identify and better care for infant patients with these clinical diagnoses.
This course is available through December 31, 2021. Download or print your certificate before that date.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- recognize the importance of optimal fetal positioning in birth
- identify common subluxation patterns and injuries associated with common mal-presentations (breech, occiput posterior, etc)
- recognize congenital muscular torticollis
- differentiate between positional head deformity and craniosynostosis
- make home-care recommendations for the infant to prevent as well as manage common concerns (plagiocephaly, torticollis)
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You do not need to complete the seminar in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
Questions? Call us at 510.780.4508 or email email@example.com.
· Introduce concepts of optimal fetal positioning
· Discuss common malpresentations (breech, occiput posterior, etc) relative to their impact on the birth, newborn subluxation patterns and possible associated injuries.
· The chiropractor’s role and appropriate home-care advice
· Define congenital muscular torticollis
· Differential diagnosis and management
· Introduce plagiocephaly (altered head shape)
· Differential diagnosis (positional head deformity vs. craniosynostosis)
· Chiropractic management, home care
· Co-management with other providers, recognizing cases that may benefit from orthopedic consultation
· Preventive guidance (tummy time, sleep position, etc.)
· Case discussion
Stephanie O’Neill Bhogal DC, DICCP
After 18 years in academia, Dr. O’Neill is in private practice caring for women and children in Metamora, MI. She is the current President of the ICA Council on Pediatrics.
Graduate of Palmer College (Davenport) 2002
ICA Pediatrics Diplomate & Residency 2005
Associate Professor (OB/Peds & Technique) - Palmer College 2002-2017
Professor & Clinician - Life Chiropractic College West 2017-2020
Private Practice 2002-Present
ICA DICCP Clinical Instructor
JCCP Author & Editorial Board
Co-author of Pediatric Toggle in Pediatric Chiropractic (3rd edition)
Scroll down to see available credit hours.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, PR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
RETURNING LEARNERS: Seminars purchased before 2021 must be accessed through the My Account menu at top of screen.