The following list provides the safety guidelines for all Life West faculty, staff, students, facilitators, presenters, participants and visitors. These guidelines are designed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Unfortunately, the reality of our current situation may require us to cancel an event with minimal notice. Before leaving for a scheduled event, check the Life West website for cancellation information. If travelling outside your local community, use extreme caution and judgement. Do not travel if you are sick, and follow local guidelines regarding travel and social distancing protocols.
These guidelines will continue to be in place on campus, until the Alameda County Department of Public Health/State Health Order is lifted or we are otherwise notified.
Optional Face Coverings
- All individuals on the Life West campus are welcome to wear a face mask prior to entering the building and at all times, other than when alone in an individual office.
- Please enforce a standard of frequent hand washing (for a minimum of 20 seconds) or sanitizing (70% minimum alcohol-based).
- Nightly cleaning and sanitization of high-touch areas, such as desks, tables, chairs, etc.
- Cleaning supplies are available for individuals to clean and sanitize their seating/work areas immediately before occupancy
- Cover noses and mouths with sleeve or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- If you notice that any area needs additional cleaning or disinfecting or sanitizer, please contact your event coordinator.
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing the following or other COVID-19 symptoms (www.cdc.gov):
- Temperature above 100.4 Fahrenheit
- Coughing / shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All Continuing Education instructors, facilitators, staff, and attendees must complete a COVID-19 Waiver releasing Life West from liability.
Individuals using the Life Chiropractic College West facilities agree to follow the above guidelines at all times. If the presenter or participants do not follow them, the group will be asked to leave the building.
CE Registrants who cannot attend a seminar due to travel restrictions or health reasons may cancel and be refunded by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance. If you prefer your registration fee to be donated to the College, please indicate this in your cancellation email.
Guests (non-employees and those not registered for academic credit) who enter the Life Chiropractic College West property do so voluntarily. Life Chiropractic College West and College employees are not responsible for guests who contract COVID-19 on campus.
See COVID-19 Campus Update for the latest Life West information about COVID-19 and campus policies.