Subluxation Neurology (Murphy, Oct 7-8, 2023 webinar)
NOW AVAILABLE VIA LIVE WEBINAR or LIVE ON CAMPUS!
Live webinar now satisfies California Board requirements for live CE. See DCA Waiver DCA-20-63 for regulatory details.
Oct 7, 2023 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Oct 8, 2023 8:00am - 12:00pm
LIVE ON CAMPUS OPTION
- Understand neurology and physiology of subluxation and pain perception
- Identify and manage subluxation by applying neurological principles
Hour #1: Learn the neurology of pain perception.
Hour #2: Learn three types of pain and their clinical differences in terms of chiropractic management.
Hour #3: Distinguish between the clinical management of compressive neuropathology v. supersensitivity nerve interference.
Hour #4: Discuss the integrated physiology between inflammation, fibrosis, the Gate Theory, and chiropractic adjusting.
Hour #5: Complete an interactive clinical neuroanatomy of chronic spine pain, including: receptors, synapses, cord pathways, brain representation, and how they are influenced by spinal adjusting.
Hour #6: Complete an interactive exercise of spinal mechanoreceptor driven vestibular nuclei controls of somatic function and visceral function.
Hour #7: Complete an upper cervical - trigeminal cervical nucleus integrative model for chiropractic spinal adjusting.
Hour #8: Integrate the clinical relationships between chronic spine pain and spinal mechanoreception, including: constant v. non-constant thalamic summation/integration; ascending inhibitory principles; descending inhibitory principles; immune system function.
Hour #9: Discuss the clinical relevance of receptor driven neuroplasticity, synaptogenesis, and transneural degeneration.
Hour #10: Discuss the concept of spinal mechanoreceptor driven hypothalamic controls of visceral function.
Hour #11: Discuss the relationship between mechanoreceptors, the sympathetic nervous system, and neuroimmunology.
Hour #12: Discuss the relationships between the nucleus tractus solitarius and the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus nerve.
DAN MURPHY, DC
Dr. Dan Murphy graduated magna cum laude from Western States Chiropractic College in 1978, and has more than 36 years of practice experience. He received his Diplomate in Chiropractic Orthopedics in 1986. Since 1982, Dr. Murphy has served as part-time undergraduate faculty at Life Chiropractic College West, where he is currently teaching classes to seniors in the Management of Spinal Disorders.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 0.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 0.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 QC Chiropractic OrdreQuebec Ordre Des Chiropracticiens
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.