Smooth Moves: Walton's Technique Collection for Complex Cases (Walton, Jan 25, 2020)
Back by popular demand!
Paul Walton, DC, is a sought after practitioner with an reputation for excellence, and also a favorite teacher of both DC students and experienced chiropractors. Dr. Walton returns to the CE curriculum in 2020 with a collection of high-level case studies and creative approaches to technique that are certain to impact your practice Monday morning and beyond.
Each hour will provide discussion and demonstration of diagnostic and adjustive techniques, as well as hands-on opportunities for attendees.
Saturday, January 25, 2:00 - 8:00pm
|All techniques try to improve the function and integration of the nervous system. The easiest way to evaluate function and integration of the kinematic chains of the body is by muscle testing. Muscles are organized in functional lines that run superficially and deeply along the body. The muscles are also wrapped in fascial “tubes” that generate vast amounts of afferent nerve information to the brain regarding motion and position sensation. Scanning the body with muscle testing along these functional lines one can find the most functionally impaired areas that many times are old and asymptomatic. Muscle testing: practice techniques and protocols.
|Pelvis: Discuss the 9 joints and articulations of the pelvis (2 Sacroiliac, 2 Sacral Facet, 2 coxofemoral, L-5 Disc, Coccyx and pubic symphysis) and list options of therapeutic techniques. Adjustments: Simple “Category 1” assessment and blocking, Pubic Symphysis superior/inferior and anterior/posterior joint position error, “Fake PI”: Ilium up-slip with posterior inferior sacrum and a few more adjustments, time permitting.
|Lumbodorsal Transition: Palpation and Adjusting techniques in the Prone, Supine, Seated, and Side Posture positions.
|Thoracic Spine: Adjusting to recover rotation and lateral flexion of the thoracic spine. White and Panjabi suggest that the thoracic spine rotates on average four times more and side bends three times more than thoracic flexion and extension. If this is true, adjusting the spine in only the sagittal plane is insufficient to recover full mobility. Adjusting techniques are modifications of standard diversified techniques that emphasize recovery of regional fixations and specific rotational and lateral bending Subluxation.
|Cervical Spine: a) Palpation and adjusting of the uncovertebral joint of Luschka or uncinate joints. b) Palpation and adjusting of neutral to posterior motion (anterior subluxation) of the cervical facet articulation. c) Modified adjustment for cervical spondylosis and lateral canal stenosis. Studies of chronic neck pain demonstrate that half of the time pain originated from the facet joints and half of the time from the cervical disc. Adjusting both the facet and uncovertebral joint of Luschka are required to clear the cervical spine. Adjusting: Diversified adjustments to the facet and uncovertebral joints.
|Upper cervical: Palpation and Diversified adjusting of Occiput/C-1, C-1/C-2, C-2/C-3. Adjusting in Prone, supine and seated positions. Adjusting Anterior atlas.
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
Dr. Walton has been in private practice since graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in 1984. His 1980 Bachelors of Science in physical education emphasized biomechanics, exercise physiology and athletic training.
He is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP), Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP) and has completed the Chiropractic Orthopedic Curriculum. He has been a member of the Life Chiropractic College West faculty since 1988 teaching in the clinic and technique departments.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable.