Infant Adjusting for the Practicing Chiropractor (Mulhall-Wright, July 24, 2021)
Live webinars now satisfy California Board requirements for live CE. See DCA Waiver DCA-20-63 for regulatory details.
This seminar addresses chiropractic for infants through two years old. Whether you are a recent graduate needing more exposure to pediatric in order to begin, or you are an experienced pediatric chiropractor looking to reinforce skills and learn something new, this seminar is for you. You will have the opportunity to practice (on dolls, not on live infants) and discuss what you are learning. Make infants part of your practice with confidence, with Dr. Geraldine Mulhall-Wright, DC.
Saturday, 8:00am - 2:00pm
Download Zoom in preparation for this live online seminar.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- properly examine newborns through age two;
- identify signs and symptoms of children heading for the autistic spectrum; and
- know when a child is ready to transition from meningeal nervous system adjustments to a stronger, more manual adjustment.
Hour 1: Introduction to pediatric exam and adjustment: overview with lecture and discussion. Pediatric reflexes review, normal and abnormal, with lecture and demonstration (on dolls). Including the reflexes that indicate that a child may be heading toward the autistic spectrum. Basic principles of adjusting.
Hour 2: Contraindications and technique modifications, with lecture, discussion and demonstration. With attention to birth trauma and special populations.
Hour 3: Assessing craniosacral normal and abnormal with lecture, discussion and demonstration. Focusing sacral occipital technique (SOT), and motion palpation technique.
Hour 4: Where to start – deciding what techniques to use, with lecture. Dollar sign and crest sign and how it can help you decide when a child is ready for a more manual technique.
Hour 5: Assessing upper cervical, normal and abnormal, with lecture, discussion and demonstration. Focusing on motion-palpation technique, Activator technique, and reverse fencer reflex.
Hour 6: Technique review, case studies, Q&A
All adjustments performed on dolls, not live infants
Geraldine Mulhall-Wright, DC
Dr. Geraldine is a practicing DC in a family wellness-based practice since 1997 and instructor of Pediatrics and Gynecology at Life Chiropractic College West. She is a third generation chiropractic wellness patient and author of papers on pregnancy, birth, children, and chiropractic. She is co-author of “Piriformis Syndrome,” Life Work, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1996.
Dr. Mulhall-Wright’s professional mission is to provide her practice members with the skills and information necessary to improve the quality of their life and their family’s lives. She is committed to educating her community about the benefits of a healthy chiropractic lifestyle from birth through the end of life. She is passionate about supporting mothers through their pregnancy and birthing process and eliminating the damaging effects of birth trauma on newborns.
Dr. Mulhall-Wright is married to Scott Wright and together they live a chiropractic family wellness lifestyle and help educate their community.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): BC, CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 6.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners