Ethics Top 10: Common Board Violations and How to Prevent Them (Coleman, Online)
Dr. Coleman, long time Life West faculty member and practicing chiropractor, shares his deep understanding of ethics and California chiropractic law. This two hour ethics seminar uncovers some common and some surprising pitfalls that can cost you time, money, and your reputation. Don’t let an innocent shortcut or a heartfelt assertion lead you into hot water. Understand the Top 10 Board violations and build safeguards for you and your patients.
You’ll learn about:
- Insurance fraud (whether you know it or not!)
- Sexual misconduct (where are the boundaries?)
- Excessive treatment (does your patient think so?)
- Crime, drugs, & alcohol (is your private life really private?)
- False Advertising (says who?)
- Scope of practice
- Patient records
- Payment for referrals (when is it ok?)
- Unlicensed practice
About this Online Seminar
Online CE at Life West is simple and engaging.
- Check on the right of this screen or under the CREDITS tab to see if the seminar is approved for CE in your licensure state(s).
- You must be logged in to your Life West CE account in order to access the seminar. Click on the REGISTER tab to register and begin.
- The seminar consists of video, readings, and one or more quizzes. You need not complete the seminar, including the course video, in one sitting, and you may return to it at any point.
- Once in the seminar, follow the MENU of steps on the left side of the screen. Click through the steps to move through the program.
- When you have completed the evaluation, you can PRINT YOUR CERTIFICATE yourself, on the spot.
Any questions? Call us at (510) 780-4508 or email email@example.com.
By the end of the seminar, you will be better able to:
- List the ten most common chiropractic Board violations
- Identify practice and procedures improvements to avoid Board violations
- Ethical concepts that chiropractors are judged by
- Most common causes for legal actions taken against Chiropractors
- Limitations on using Laser therapy
- Record keeping/medical necessity
- Proper advertising
- Scope of practice
- Internet communications with your patients
- What unlicensed individuals can and cannot legally do in your office
Dr. Wayne Coleman is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic West and has been practicing in Pleasanton since 1988. He is a part time faculty member at Life Chiropractic College West and teaches Ethics and Jurisprudence to the senior classes at the college.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 2.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 AR Chiropractic BoardArkansas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A EthicsCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Ethics
- 2.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 2.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 GA Chiropractic BoardGeorgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 2.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 2.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 2.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 2.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 2.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 2.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 2.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NM Chiropractic BoardNew Mexico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PA Chiropractic BoardPennsylvania Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 2.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 TX Chiropractic BoardTexas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 2.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 2.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 2.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 2.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 2.00 AB Chiropractic CollegeAlberta College of Chiropractors