Chiropractic Care for Recreational and Professional Athletes (Drake, June 22 & 24, 2021)
To help athletes maximize their performance, you’ve got to begin with taking history and execute a thorough examination. This course breaks down the process of history and examination for rotational athletes such as those who play golf, tennis, and basketball. We’ll move through the body with an eye on correlating the physical exam with athletic outcomes and using the exam as a predictor of performance outcomes.
4 Exam/Technique (category A) CE hours
Tuesday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
Thursday 8:00 - 10:00am PST
(both sessions required)
By the end of the seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Examine athletes
- Predict athletic performance based on examination results
More information coming soon.
Sean Drake, MS, DC, CCSP
Dr. Drake received his bachelor’s degree at Florida State University where he was a walk-on to the Track & Field team. He received his Masters in Sports Health Science with an emphasis in Sports Injury Management as well as his Doctorate in Chiropractic from Life University in Atlanta.
Dr. Drake holds numerous professional certifications including Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) from the American Academy of Chiropractic Sports Physicians, Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) with the National Academy of Sports Medicine, Graston Technique Certification, and specializes in performance for athletes.
In addition to running multiple chiropractic clinics, Dr. Drake has extensive experience in treating amateur and professional athletes, having served as the Team Doctor for the Mississippi Hound Dogs, Team Chiropractor for the Life University and Life West Rugby Teams. He has been Medical Director for the Summer and Winter Dew Tour, Nitro Circus World Games, Nitro Circus Live Tours, and the UCI BMX Supercross World Cups.
After founding and serving as the Sports Performance Institute Director at Life Chiropractic College West, Dr. Drake was Performance Director at TPI in Oceanside, CA working alongside Dr. Greg Rose. As Vice President and Performance Director of RacquetFit Dr. Drake, along with their partner and sponsor the USPTA, they expanded TPI’s worldwide health & fitness certification program to include the sport of tennis.
Dr. Drake has a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona
Dr. Drake’s hobbies include tennis, surfing, cycling, swimming, skydiving, sailing, and running.
See below for a list of credits that may be available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province chiropractic boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MT, NE, NH. NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT (no philosophy), VA, WA, WY. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Full cancellation policy at ce.lifewest.edu/about.
Available Credit Hours
- 4.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 4.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 4.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 4.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 4.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 4.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 4.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 4.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 4.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 4.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 4.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 4.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 4.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 4.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 4.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 4.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 4.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 4.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners