Billing, Coding, and Documentation (Bilodeau, Jul 27, 2019)
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Code properly for all types of patients
- Be able to complete an Evaluation and Management service audit
- Produce a clean-claim
- Reduce delays and denials
- Learn documentation requirements for all types of patients
|1||California State Laws|
Cash discounts - California Insurance Code (657(a)
Promissory Notes and Hardship Agreements
Free or Discounted Services §319
Unprofessional Conduct §317
2019 HHS Poverty Guidelines
Pre-Pay plans: State Board of Chiropractic Examiners and CCA
Financial Policies that work
Psychology of Collections-Asking for money and collecting it.
|2||Patient Records and Documentation|
Chiropractic Patient Records/Accountable Billing § 318
Patient Intake Forms
Informed Consent § 319.1
California Business and Professions Code Section 650-657
Cash practices vs practices that accept insurance payments
Red flag issues
HCPCS codes focusing on supports, supplies and service codes
E/M including how to conduct a self-audits
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Producing clean claims for “cash” and insurance practices
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
LISA BILODEAU, CA
A veteran CA with more than 30 years of chiropractic office experience, Ms. Bilodeau has helped many Chiropractors create successful practices.
Lisa is a columnist for Dynamic Chiropractic and has guest lectured for Palmer College of Chiropractic-West, Karl Parker Seminars, Pat Gayman's Empower-U Workshops, Munson and Associates' Professional Chiropractic Assistants programs. She developed the Chiropractic Assistants' training programs at Palmer-West, and is a frequent speaker for local associations and state conventions.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 5.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 5.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 5.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 5.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 5.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 5.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 5.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 5.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 5.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 5.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 5.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 5.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.