Balancing the Two Brains: The Gut-Brain-Sensory Axis for Chiropractors (Buerger, Jun 29-30, 2019)
Balancing the Two Brains: Mastering the Chiropractic-Gut-Immune-Sensory Axis across All Ages and Stages
Learn how to heal the Gut-Brain Axis and change the trajectory of life for your patients!
Recent years of research has shown us that there is a connection between the gut and the brain. This bi-directional axis is the core of our physical and mental health. Dr. Buerger will cover, in depth, the connection between the gut, the brain and the immune system from a neurophysiological standpoint. She will present up-to-date research on how trauma (emotional and/or physical), concussions and whiplash injuries can alter the gut-brain-immune axis and the potential health implications that may result. Dr. Buerger will address the biomechanical aspects related to gut-brain disruption that are pertinent to the chiropractic profession. Specific “gut rehab” protocols and neurointegrative rehab exercises and protocols will be covered so you can start changing lives Monday morning!
This course is packed full of critical information that can change the lives of patients across all ages!
By the end of the seminar, participants will be better able to:
- Understand the neurophysiological affects related to biomechanical spinal dysfunction that are related to the gut-brain axis
- Have a firm grasp on appropriate “gut rehab” protocols essential for healing post trauma
- Have a firm understanding of neurointegrative rehabilitation techniques/exercises essential for healing and holding proper spinal patterns post trauma
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
MONIKA BUERGER, DC
Monika Buerger, DC, graduated from Life Chiropractic College West following an undergraduate degree in Exercise Physiology. She runs a thriving Idaho practice dedicated to serving those with neurodevelopmental challenges and chronic health issues. She is a pioneer in the chiropractic profession when it comes to working with children that have Neurosensory and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. She was an instructor for the ICPA for over a decade and is the founder of Intersect4Life (originally Intersect4Kids), an online teaching and coaching program for DCs.
Dr. Buerger lectures internationally on chiropractic neurophysiology and neurofunctional development and is a contributing author to pediatric textbooks.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.