Anatomy & Adjustive Technique for Breastfeeding (Gerner, July 30, 2022 webinar)
Live, Interactive Online Webinar
Learn to identify cranial, spinal, muscular and dural imbalances relating to breastfeeding as well as how to specifically address them. Gain current research to validate your work. Become familiar with the scope of other birth professionals in order to collaborate, gain referrals and provide the overall best care for your clients.
This course is designed to teach you to UNDERSTAND the infant anatomy/physiology and how the pieces affect the whole. You will learn to identify structural issues in the baby, specific anatomy to explain those issues; and how to either correct these issues or to refer to the appropriate care provider. You will also learn about the breastfeeding world as a whole; allowing you to speak the same language as your patients and other providers, thereby establishing yourself as an integral part of the team.
By the end of the seminar, participants will have a knowledge of:
The biology of human lactation.
The biomechanics of infant latch, suck and swallow
The nutritional, emotional, and world-wide importance of breastfeeding.
The anatomy and physiology of the cranium, spine, muscular, nerve and dural systems in relation to breastfeeding function.
The clinical applications of normal and pathological function for all structures.
The developmental and neurological implications of abnormal function.
Ideal Collaboration with other birth professionals to give/receive referrals for lactation support.
Specific consultation, exam and adjusting technique for the breastfeeding infant
Hour 1- Special Populations/Anatomy
- 1. Introductions
- 2. Setting the Stage- Current relevance of Breastfeeding support in the Chiropractic profession
- 3. Introduction to relevant anatomy
Hour 2 – Special Populations/Anatomy
- 1. Breast Biology and Stages of Lactogenesis
- 2. Common Breastfeeding Challenges
- 3. Biomechanics of Latch, Suck, Swallow related to Anatomy
- 4. Nutritional and Emotional Superiority of Breastfeeding
Hour 3 – Special Populations/Anatomy
- 1. Nitty Gritty Anatomy- Cranial and Spinal structures and Common Patterns of Subluxation
Hour 4 - Special Populations/Anatomy
- 1. Nitty Gritty Anatomy- Cranial Nerves Related to Breastfeeding and the Dural System
Hour 5 – Technique
- 1. Specific Consultation and Exam related to Breastfeeding (15 min)
- 2. Specific Cranial Adjusting related to Breastfeeding (40 min)
Hour 6 - Technique
- 1. Specific Cranial Adjusting (cont.) (40 min)
- 2. Ideal Collaboration with Lactation Professionals for Best Care Practices (15 min)
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
LYNN GERNER, DC, FICPA
Dr. Gerner has been a Maternity and Pediatric Specialist in private practice for over 16 years with an additional focus on functional infant cranial work. She teaches other professionals to support breastfeeding across the USA and internationally. She is a wife, mother of 3 grown children, and lives in Northern CA with her husband and their 2 rescued dogs.
Graduate: Life Chiropractic College West, 2004. Fellow, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) and trained doula. Post Graduate faculty, Life Chiropractic College, West. Preferred Affiliate- Capital City Doula Collective, Sacramento, CA. Founding partner of The Good Life Collective, Davis, CA.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 6.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 2.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 6.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 6.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 6.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 6.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 KS Healing Arts BoardKansas Board of Healing Arts
- 6.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 6.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 6.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 6.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 6.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 6.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 6.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 6.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 6.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 6.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 6.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 6.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 6.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable.