Adjusting the Mind: Mindfulness-Based Stress Management for Mental Subluxations (Schillinger, Nov 16, 2019)
Mark Schillinger, DC - voted best chiropractor in Marin, and an acclaimed speaker and teacher - has spent much of his career bringing mindfulness and stress reduction to his patients, the wider community, and an unlikely audience: teenage boys. Founder of Challenging Teenage Sons and Young Men's Ultimate Weekend, Dr. Schillinger now brings his expertise to Life West.
In this seminar, Dr. Schillinger shows you how to become proficient in the field of stress management by implementing Mindfulness-Based Stress Management techniques in your office. Using simple mind-calming techniques, patients enjoy better results from their adjustments, and doctors benefit from greater patient connection and compliance with health directives.
Join us for this immersive, hands-on seminar that will enhance your practice and change your patients lives for the better.
Saturday, November 16, 3:00 - 8:00pm
Upon successful completion of this seminar, participants will be able to implement Mindfulness-Based Stress Management techniques. Using simple mind-calming techniques, patients enjoy better results from their adjustments,
|1||Understanding Stress and Its Harmful Effects: A review of the scientific research showing why stress is the #1 cause of subluxation, causing both physical and mental illness; how chiropractic can dramatically diminish the harmful effects of stress.|
|2||Implementing Stress Management Techniques (Part 1): Doctors learn how to teach their patients evidence-based stress management techniques that increase relaxation & rejuvenation and require no more than 3 minutes per visit. These two stress reduction strategies are featured: controlled breathing and mindfulness meditation.|
|3||Teaching Stress Management to Your Patients: Doctors learn how to educate patients about stress and how chiropractic care, along with stress management techniques, will help patients respond better to chiropractic care; emphasis is on educating patients about the need for stress management techniques in the first 3 visits.|
|4||Implementing Stress Management Techniques (Part 2): Doctors learn how to teach their patients evidence-based stress management techniques that increase relaxation & rejuvenation and require no more than 3 minutes per visit. These stress reduction strategies are featured: autogenic training and progressive relaxation.|
|5||Putting It All Together: Emphasis is on the use of the mindfulness-based stress management techniques in conjunction with whatever chiropractic techniques the doctor uses in the treatment room.|
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
MARK SCHILLINGER, DC
Dr. Schillinger is a physician, musician, educator, community leader, public speaker, life coach, and most importantly, a family man. All of these activities are creative expressions of his passion in the fields of stress management, personal growth and family unity.
His life’s purpose is to help people achieve their true potential by mentoring them to discover their own core values and transform those values into positive beliefs and productive behaviors. This way they can enjoy a meaningful and fulfilling lifestyle.
He considers himself a torch bearer of the works of DD Palmer & BJ Palmer, by modernizing the enlightening chiropractic philosophy and then transforming it into practical stress management techniques for doctors and patients alike.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar. If your state is not listed, please contact the Life West CE office to discuss pursuing Board approval.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NJ, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is highly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 5.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 5.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 5.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 5.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 5.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 5.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 5.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 5.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 5.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 5.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 5.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 5.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 5.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 5.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
See https://ce.lifewest.edu/about for the cancellation policy.