Active Release Techniques - Long Nerve Entrapment with Gross Anatomy (Cooper, Oct. 5-6. 2019)
This is a 12-hour course that will contain a laboratory discussion section and a hands-on ART Active Release Techniques practice section. Prosected cadavers will be demonstrated to the participants. Focus of the anatomy portion will be on peripheral nervous system pathway and relationships to surrounding structures. The hands-on ART practice section will allow participants to apply what was discussed in the anatomy section to the treatment of nerve entrapment syndromes.
Spaces in each course are limited.
There will NOT be a practical exam administered.
12 general CE credits
Saturday, registration 7:30-8am; seminar 8am-5pm.
Lunch break approximately one hour, near noon (at instructor discretion) as well as two 15-minute breaks (snacks will be provided)
ART providers signing up for this course must be certified in Upper Extremity and Lower Extremity.
This course comes with a manual and a DVD that should be studied for 3-4 weeks before attending the course.
Please allow 3-5 business days for shipping.
The cost is $1395 for DCs and Students and $795 for recertification.
The course is designed to reinforce the fundamental anatomic and procedural knowledge of Active Release Techniques. This will be accomplished in two ways:
- Providing a review of the gross anatomic components of the peripheral nervous system and the musculoskeletal system
- Allowing participants to practice and enhance treatment skills through a hands-on portion of the course.
- Enhancement of participants’ anatomic knowledge.
- Allow visualization of the structures studied in the course.
- Discuss common nerve entrapment sites.
- Discuss treatment for nerve entrapments.
Introduction of the concepts of mobilization of the nervous system.
Anatomy Lab: Cadaver prosection study of the anatomy of the brachial plexus and the Median nerve
Nerve Entrapment Protocols for the Median Nerve.
Anatomy Lab: Cadaver prosection study of the brachial plexus and Ulnar Nerve
Nerve Entrapment Protocols for the Ulnar Nerve
Nerve Entrapment Protocols for the Ulnar Nerve (continued)
Anatomy Lab : Cadaver pro-section study of the brachial plexus and the Radial nerve
Radial Nerve Protocols
Anatomy Lab: Cadaver prosection of the sciatic and femoral nerves
Sciatic Nerve Protocols
Femoral Nerve protocols
Park by Student Entrance on Clawiter Road side of building, then look for signage directing you to the check-in area.
See Campus Map for details.
PALI COOPER, DC, ART, DNS
Pali Cooper is a doctor of chiropractic, an active release techniques® soft tissue specialist and teacher. Dr. Cooper integrates traditional chiropractic and many other treatment techniques with the principles of alignment and functional movement.
An honors graduate of Life Chiropractic West in 1991, she has certifications in Active Release Techniques® (ART), Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, TPI Certified Golf Fitness Instructor Level 2, SFMA, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization Certified Practioner (DNS), and Yoga teacher training along with 20 years experience in body work. Dr. Cooper is an instructor with ART and teaches in the US, Canada and Europe and teaches anatomy classes for Yoga teachers.
Her volunteer work ranges from treating world-class athletes at the Ironman Triathlon in Kona to breast cancer survivors climbing Alaska’s Mt. McKinley. She herself has climbed to the summit of Mount Shasta twice as part of the Breast Cancer Fund’s Climb Against the Odds team, and has participated in countless charitable hikes and bike rides.
Dr. Cooper believes in staying active and enjoys running, hiking, cycling, and yoga. Summer 2012 she participated in a Sacred Trek in Ladakh, Northern India as a benefit for the Breast Cancer Fund. All proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Fund’s ground-breaking work to eliminate the environmental and other preventable causes of the disease.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
NOTE to DCs licensed in: CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MS, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. These states generally accept programs sponsored by a college that is accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). These states and provincial boards do not require an application from CCE colleges. While it is higly likely that credits will be accepted, Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 HI Chiropractic BoardHawaii Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IL Chiropractic BoardIllinois Medical Licensing Board
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MI Chiropractic BoardMichigan Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
DO NOT CLICK THE "GO TO COURSE" BUTTON ABOVE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO PAY THE FULL ART REGISTRATION FEE
There is a two-step registration process:
- Register with Life West (here)
- Register and pay with Active Release Technologies (have you done this yet?)
If you haven't yet registered with ART, call (888) 396-2727 or go to the ART Web Site.
The ART cost is $1395 for DCs and $1195 for recertification.
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are at the discretion of ART.