Erchonia Seminar: Clinical Orthopedics Unveiled - TBI, Laser Myths, and Comprehensive Spinal Demonstrations (Gair, Brock, Feb 3-4, 2024 on-campus)
February 3, 2024 8:00am - 5:30pm
February 4, 2024 8:00am - 12:15pm
4 exam/technique, 8 general CE hours
1. Differentiate and review the various classes of low-level lasers, and outline the therapeutic effects of each as appropriate dosages obtained through calculating joules.
2. Discuss the Low-Level Laser Therapy wavelengths, the metabolic targets of various wavelengths, and the integration of wavelengths into health restoration.
3. Devise strategies for obtaining biochemical markers paramount to healthy physiology, and create a plan of action for both clinician and patient to resolve health barriers.
4. Incorporate hands-on approaches to assess mechanobiology and mechano-transduction and understand their roles in regulating cellular biochemistry, gene expression, and tissue development.
5. Understand the physiological relationship between the cranial system, spine, and cerebrospinal fluid dispersion as they relate to neurodegenerative disease.
6. Assess spinal and extremity dysfunction, determine the upper motor and lower motor neuron factors, and use a low-level laser to correct maladaptive movement patterns.
7. Discuss differences in the Autonomic, Sympathetic, Parasympathetic, and Enteric Nervous Systems, and develop strategies to facilitate synchronization of these systems using Nutrition, circadian rhythms, movement, and low-level laser therapy.
8. Identify molecular mediators in Gut-Brain Access syndromes, and develop clinical strategies, behavioral modifications, and nutritional therapies to reset physiology.
9. Recognize environmental drivers of abnormalities in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and create protective strategies.
10. Identify key indicators of brain imbalances, use low-level laser therapy to reduce aberrant biofeedback into the central nervous system, and utilize protective strategies for enhancing brain health and function. 11. Understand the influential roles of Nutrition, supplementation, sleep hygiene, meditation, and "stacked therapies" to overcome the most challenging clinical conditions.
12. Understand how lasers are not “experimental and new”, but supported by decades of research for multiple conditions
13. Evaluate adding lasers can help you differentiate yourself from the other doctors around you, which helps you have better tools to succeed in the face of greater competition.
14. Review the youth sports market in your area and become the go to doctor for local teams, ranging from youth sports to high school, college, and even pro.
15. Demonstrate Step by step, hands on laser techniques to quickly and easily RE-CALIBRATE the nervous system to create an instant change in function. This technique is what really gets the patients excitedly telling all their friends and raving about you on social media.
16. Apply instrument adjusting techniques to combine with your laser techniques for an even greater effect. 17. Review case studies for each injury/condition.
18. Summarize the Ancient Greeks to Modern Day to The Future: The history of light phototherapy, where it has come, and where the research is going, and how it impacts injury recovery.
19. Discover how addition of low-level laser therapy can help differentiate your office from the other practices that are in your area
20. Justify lab technique & know which blood tests are important to have and how to interpret them for optimal injury recovery and sports performance
21. Summarize traumatic Brain Injuries and Neurodegeneration
22. Complete protocol workshop for cervical and upper extremity injuries, lumbar spine and lower extremity injuries
23. Calculate impact of recalibration and resetting the nervous system with the accelerate recovery and enhance performance
24. Understand weight loss protocols and how this can have a global effect on your patient’s health
25. Explain laser to your patients, and how to help a niche market that is greatly in need of help by working with the year-round travel team athletes, local sports teams, and weekend warriors
8:00-9:00am Laser Myths and Misconceptions vs Objective Realities. Is the “Science Settled?” (Other; Research)
9:00-10:00am Traumatic Brain Injuries, Neurodegeneration, and Long Covid (Other, Research)
10:15-11:15am From the Cell to the System (Dr. Brandon Brock) (Basic Sciences) - Wavelength and electron transport chain function
11:15-12:15pm From the Cellular Environment to the Systems (Dr. Brandon Brock) (Research Trends) - Causes of inflammation
1:15-2:15pm Cervical and Upper Extremity Injuries and How to Recalibrate and Reset the nervous system with the accelerate recovery and enhance performance (Adjustive Technique)
2:15-3:15pm Lumbar spine and Lower Extremity Injuries and How To Recalibrate and Reset the nervous system to accelerate recovery and enhance sports performance (General Clinical) - Research studies on lumbar spine, hip, knee, and ankle injuries and low-level laser therapy - Muscle assessment techniques
3:30-4:30pm A Developing Systems Approach to Treatment (Dr. Brandon Brock) (Principles of Practice/Philosophy)
4:30-5:30pm Brain and Biomechanical Connection (Dr. Brandon Brock) (Adjustive Technique) - Treatment of the foot and ankle
8:00-9:00am Lumbar spine and Lower Extremity Injuries and How To Recalibrate and Reset the nervous system to accelerate recovery and enhance sports performance (Continued) (General Clinical)
9:00-10:00am How to Explain Low-Level Laser Therapy to your patients, and how to help a niche market that is greatly in need of help by working with the year-round travel team athletes, local sports teams, and weekend warriors (General Clinical)
- Scripts that clearly explain how the laser works, and that give the patient realistic expectations based off research
KIRK GAIR, DC
Dr. Kirk Gair, DC, IDE, began utilizing Cold Laser Treatments in 2004 and combining them with traditional chiropractic treatments to get some amazing results. Since that time, he has worked with Gold Medalists and world record holders, Super Bowl and World Series Champions, some of the top High School and College athletes in the country, as well as patients with chronic disease and traumatic brain injuries.
He has been featured in Dr. Izabella Wentz’s documentary The Thyroid Secret and also her NY Times Best Seller Hashimoto’s Protocol for the unique laser protocols he has pioneered. Dr Gair was also the first person that Dr. Datis Kharrazian, best selling author of Why Isn’t My Brain Working and Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms When My Lab Tests Are Normal?, ever ran labs on back when they were classmates in 1996.
Dr. Gair is a sought after guest in summits and podcasts, and teaches doctors around the world his laser therapy protocols both by webinar and live seminar. He is bilingual in Spanish, played high school and college football, and is also a musician. He played lead guitar in an alternative band, and also wrote and produced an album of relaxing guitar music that has been featured in a German travel video and several nature videos that have been seen by millions online.
BRANDON BROCK, DC
Dr. Brandon Brock is a practitioner in Dallas, Texas who holds a Doctorate in Family Nursing Practice from Duke University, and a Doctorate in Chiropractic. He has a Diplomate in Functional Neurology, Nutrition, Conventional Medicine, and Integrated Medicine as well. He is a Global Clinical Research Scholar from Harvard Medical School with a specialty in survey design and secondary analysis.
Dr. Brock also serves on the diagnosis and treatment committee for the Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome Advisory Council in the state of Texas and this subject matter is the topic of is doctoral dissertation work. He is a member of multiple organizations including The Society for Collegiate Leadership and Achievement Honor Society, The National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Theta Tau, National Association of Orthopedic Nurses, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the International College of Integrative Medicine. He has published multiple papers, book chapters and lectures over a range of healthcare and theoretical topics with many esteemed researchers that are the top of their field. He currently participates as a scientific director and educator for multiple companies and has a passion for teaching.
See below for a list of credits available for this seminar.
Life Chiropractic College West is accredited by the CCE and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
*The following State and Province boards do not require an application when a program is sponsored by a college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE): CO, CT, DE, DC, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NH, NJ, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, WA, WY, BC, NB, ON, QC. Life Chiropractic College West cannot guarantee that any session of this offering will be accepted by these licensing board(s). Life West urges licensees to familiarize themselves with the laws governing continuing education in the jurisdictions where they hold licensure.
Available Credit Hours
- 12.00 AK Chiropractic BoardAlaska Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 AZ Chiropractic BoardArizona Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 BC Chiropractic CollegeBritish Columbia College of Chiropractors
- 8.00 CA Chiro Board, Category BCA Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Cat B
- 4.00 CA Chiropractic Board, Category A Exam/Adjust/BillingCalifornia Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Category A Exam/Adjust/Billing
- 12.00 CO Chiropractic BoardColorado Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 CT Chiropractic BoardConnecticut Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- 12.00 DC Chiropractic BoardDistrict of Columbia Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 DE Chiropractic BoardDelaware Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 IA Chiropractic BoardIowa Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 ID Chiropractic BoardIdaho Board of Chiropractic Physicians
- 12.00 IN Chiropractic BoardIndiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 KS Chiropractic AssocKansas Chiropractic Association
- 12.00 MA Chiropractic BoardMassachusetts Board of Registration of Chiropractors
- 12.00 MB Chiropractic AssocManitoba Chiropractors' Association
- 12.00 MD Chiropractic BoardMaryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 ME Chiropractic BoardMaine Board of Chiropractic Licensure
- 12.00 MN Chiropractic BoardMinnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MO Chiropractic BoardMissouri Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MS Chiropractic BoardMississippi Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 MT Chiropractic BoardMontana Board of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NB Chiropractic AssocNew Brunswick Chiropractors' Association
- 12.00 NC Chiropractic BoardNorth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 ND Chiropractic BoardNorth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NE Chiropractic BoardNebraska Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 NH Chiropractic BoardNew Hampshire Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NJ Chiropractic BoardNew Jersey Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 NS Chiropractic CollegeNova Scotia College of Chiropractors
- 12.00 NV Chiropractic BoardNevada Chiropractic Physicians' Board
- 12.00 OH Chiropractic BoardOhio Chiropractic Board
- 12.00 ON Chiropractic CollegeOntario College of Chiropractors
- 12.00 OR Chiropractic BoardOregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 PACEFCLB Providers of Approved Continuing Education
- 12.00 PR Chiropractic BoardPuerto Rico Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 QC Chiropractic OrdreQuebec Ordre Des Chiropracticiens
- 12.00 RI Chiropractic BoardRhode Island Board of Examiners in Chiropractic
- 12.00 SC Chiropractic BoardSouth Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 SD Chiropractic BoardSouth Dakota Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 TN Chiropractic BoardTennessee Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 UT Chiropractic BoardUtah Chiropractic Physicians Licensing Board
- 12.00 VA Board of MedicineVirginia Board of Medicine
- 12.00 VI Chiropractic BoardU.S. Virgin Islands Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 12.00 VT Chiropractic BoardVermont Board of Chiropractic
- 12.00 WA Chiropractic CommWashington Chiropractic Quality Assurance Commission
- 12.00 WY Chiropractic BoardWyoming Board of Chiropractic Examiners
Changes and Refunds
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. If registrants cancel within one week of program start date, a $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.