2. Facilities User Agreement: COVID-19 Safety Plan
The following list provides the safety guidelines for all faculty, staff, students, facilitators, presenters, participants and visitors. These guidelines are designed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Unfortunately, the reality of our current situation may require us to cancel an event with minimal notice. Before leaving for a scheduled event, confirm with the event organizer. If travelling outside your local community, use extreme caution and judgement. Do not travel if you are sick, and follow local guidelines regarding travel and social distancing protocols.
These guidelines will continue to be in place working on campus, until the Alameda County Department of Public Health/State Health Order is lifted or we are otherwise notified.
- All presenters/facilitators, participants, students and other visitors on campus are required to remain at least six feet apart, to the greatest extent possible, at all times.
- Establish and set expectations around safety protocols to ensure that everyone can practice adequate social distancing in classroom areas and other locations around campus.
- Campus and classroom furniture has been positioned carefully to enable social distancing. Furniture must not be moved.
- Prohibit sharing of phones, headsets, desks, printers, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.
- Prohibit handshaking and other unnecessary physical contact.
- Prohibit sharing food and utensils.
- Remind others to adhere to signage for safe social distancing.
- Please enforce a standard of frequent hand washing (for a minimum of 20 seconds) and sanitizing (70% minimum alcohol-based).
- Nightly cleaning and sanitization of high-touch areas, such as desks, tables, chairs, etc.
- Cleaning supplies are available for individuals to clean and sanitize their seating/work areas immediately before occupancy
- Direct participants to cover their noses and mouths with a tissue (or their sleeve) when coughing or sneezing.
- Require participants to stay home if they are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (www.cdc.gov).
- If you notice that any area needs additional cleaning or disinfecting or sanitizer, please contact your event coordinator.
Mandatory Face Coverings
- All individuals on the Life West campus will be required to wear a face-covering prior to entering the building and at all times, other than when alone in an individual office; socially distance at all times where possible; and maintain regular hand washing plus sanitization of classrooms, technique labs, and office spaces using the sanitation stations that have been set up through the campus. Both nose and mouth must be covered by face-covering. View accepted face-coverings.
- Presenters/Facilitators: Require your team or students to wear face-coverings/masks while on campus and in public areas inside and outside of Life West. If you notice any person not wearing a mask that covers both nose and mouth, please ask the individual to immediately put on their face-covering. It is everyone’s responsibility to help enforce this statewide health and safety requirement on campus. “If you see something, please say something.”
- All presenters/facilitators, participants, students, faculty and staff MUST complete the Health Screening Form prior to entering the Life West campus from the designated entrances. Everyone will be temperature screened upon entering the building. Those who are experiencing the following symptoms are not permitted on campus:
- Temperature above 100.4 Fahrenheit
- Coughing / shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Individuals using the Life Chiropractic College West facilities agree to follow these guidelines at all times. If the presenter or participants do not follow them, the group will be asked to leave the building.
CE Registrants who cannot attend a seminar due to travel restrictions or health reasons may cancel and be refunded by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance. If you prefer your registration fee to be donated to the College, please indicate this in your cancellation email.
Guests (non-employees and those not registered for academic credit) who enter the Life Chiropractic College West property do so voluntarily. Life Chiropractic College West and College employees are not responsible for guests who contract COVID-19 on campus.
Waiver of Right to Sue Life Chiropractic College West, Incorporated Agreement for Covid-19 Related Injuries Sustained while Attending an Event on the Life West Campus
I knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily waive my right to file a claim against Life Chiropractic College West, Incorporated and its officers, agents, employees and Board of Regents for COVID-19 related injuries that I sustain while attending an Event on the Life West campus.
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
Any such dispute or claim resulting from a breach of this Agreement will be mediated by a Bay Area mediator agreed to by the parties. The Parties agree to share the costs of mediation. And each Party will pay for its own attorney.
If the dispute is not resolved in mediation, it will be taken to binding arbitration. The Parties agree to share the costs of arbitration. And each Party will pay for its own attorney. The prevailing party will recover its costs and attorney's fees. Each Party unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Alameda County Superior Court to enforce an Arbitration award.
Select an option to agree to all aspects of the "Facilities User Agreement: COVID-19 Safety Plan" and the "Waiver of Right to Sue Life Chiropractic College West, Incorporated Agreement for Covid-19 Related Injuries Sustained while Attending an Event on the Life West Campus" above. If you do not agree, you shall not attend this event and any registration fees will be refunded.
Thank you for responding honestly to the "Facilities User Agreement: COVID-19 Safety Plan" and the "Waiver of Right to Sue Life Chiropractic College West, Incorporated Agreement for Covid-19 Related Injuries Sustained while Attending an Event on the Life West Campus" forms.
Because you did not agree to all of the conditions, we will cancel your registration and if you paid we will refund you in full. Although we will miss you, we ask that you refrain from visiting the Life West campus until the health emergency has passed or until you are willing and able to abide by the agreements.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
In light and life,
Director, Postgraduate & Continuing Education
Life Chiropractic College West
510.780.4500 ext. 2030